We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis around Cappadocia

MikeyB67
Level Contributor
51 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis around Cappadocia

Hi

We are staying in the Cappadocia Cave Resort and Spa, Uchisar, in June of this year and whilst we are here would like to visit the hamam at the Kelebek Hotel, Goreme, as we understand this to be the best in the area. Also on one night we would like to go to Ziggy's restaurant in Urgup. Does the availability of taxis etc in the area make this relatively simple to do? If so how much are taxis likely to cost us?

On another note we understand there to be a hamam at the hotel we are staying at (I guess it's in the name!) and we were wondering whether the effort of going to the Kelebek is worth it? Any tips gratefully received.

Many thanks

Mike

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,690 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis around Cappadocia

I've no idea about the hamams, I'm afraid.

Not many taxis will sit in Uchisar, especially in the evning but your hotel can order you one, and you will easily find one in Urgup or Goreme to take you back..

Last time I used a taxi was from Urgup to Goreme, a couple of years ago, and from memory it was maybe 20 or 25 lira.

2. Re: Taxis around Cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 05:16