We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reader Tours

Royal Tunbridge...
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Reader Tours

I have just received my National Trust Magazine and in it is this amazing offer of an8 day cultural tour in Turkey. Does anyone have any experience of this company? The price seems unbelievable at £199! They say they are ATOL and ABTA covered.

39 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Reader Tours

Yes, I had the same for a Woman and Home magazine, with the same tempting offer. I rang the number supplied and they only had one week available for one of the tours and I am already commited to something else that week, so can't sample the offer.

Cynical though I am, I too am curious to know if anyone has used this company and if the offer really are 'too good to be true' ?

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Reader Tours

My husband who walks very slowly with sticks and a walker wants to go on this very cheap holiday ,In the Footsteps of Alexandra the Great.I have grave reservations about this ,would be grateful if anyone can tell me how much walking is entailed ,Thankyou.

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Reader Tours

I had this offer in a Bon Marche magazine. After reading the reviews it confirms what my husband suspected..........that it was a one week "blanket trip". These are offered free in lots of holiday resorts and take you to a nice area in the country where you are "treated" to a 1 or 2 hour shopping spree with only the local goods on offer. There is no way of getting back without their transport and,although there is no danger, you do feel slightly pressured and intimidated for the time you are there. I have been on a trip once to a Turkish town when on a cruise and we were taken to a carpet showroom. Yes all very friendly until the end when the heavies came in the room and then we really felt intimidated to the point when we just all grouped together and forced our way out of the shop. Nasty experience all round. Won't be lining up for this if it was free. "If its too good to be true then.......................................?"

Hampshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Reader Tours

This tour (or at least one that sounds like it) is on offer through the Daily Mail at £149 in December/January.

Haven't checked yet, but have taken up these exceptional offers before without problems.

Peterborough...
1 post
Save Reply
25. Re: Reader Tours

I received a special offer being a La Redoubt customer for many years. from what has been said I do not think I will be bothered as they say you get what you pay for and this will not be on my agenda. I do not want to traipse around carpet and jewellery shops I want to see the culture and not be ripped off.

Strathaven, Scotland
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Reader Tours

Brilliant review --- would have loved to see their faces when you went through to café without stropping or passing go!! I worked as musician on Canberra cruise liner in 81, as muso I volunteered to be tour guide in Israel on the coach trips. All were taken to official tourist shops and official cafes.... I waited with the guide - to his annoyance - and saw the wads of shekels handed to him (separate tills had been used for the cruise passengers!). In the afternoon the guide said "we not go to Kasbah - too dangerous - we go to official tourist shop". I stood up, thanked him and said that I am sure our passengers can cope with the Kasbah and would they give a show of hands. To loud cheers the guide begrudgingly admitted defeat. He ignored me the rest of the trip and was NOT happy when the hat was passed round for him.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Reader Tours

The company website is www.rsd-travel.co.uk

A European group of Tour operators under the name of RSD Travel and RSD

Reise Service Deutschland based in Germany.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Reader Tours

Look at recommended by "judith chalmers"...ex minor tv celeb...ring a bell...property bonds...timeshare ?..same sales pitch as 20 years ago... I have been offered it by both National Trust & RYA...how doubly special is that??!!

G wood

Stoke-on-Trent...
1 post
Save Reply
29. Re: Reader Tours

My offer came as a subscriber to What Car? and the price is £149. YOU DON'T GET ANYTHING FOR NOTHING! Won't even waste my time phoning the freephone number.

Level Contributor
1 post
64 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Reader Tours

The trade magazine PR Week is also offering this tour - I always think ... you get what you pay for!

Reply to: Reader Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted