We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brief report on recent trip June 2013

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
68 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Brief report on recent trip June 2013

DH and I had a lovely time during our 3 days in Cappadocia. We didn't rush around to do lots of things but enjoyed the natural beauty and friendly people. As with my report on the Istambul,Forum, I won't go into details on the sights.

We flew from IST to Kayseri on the early morning Turkish Airlines flight, with a shuttle taking us to our hotel, Serinn House. We had a lovely late breakfast on the terrace with a grand view. We spent most of the day walking around Urgup and resting after little sleep the night before. For the next two days, we had an outstanding guide, Ali (although our hotel made arrangements for us through one of the tour agencies, he can be reached privately at aliciniman@hotmail.com). He took us to less touristy spots and accommodated our pacing perfectly. He is a nationally certified guide so he can go to other parts of Turkey as well as Cappadocia. I particularly enjoyed the Agzikaraman Caravanserai and a wonderful walk through the Ihlara Valley (and a lovely lunch by the stream). Our driver, Hassan, was also excellent.

Of our 3 dinners, we enjoyed the food at Han Cirigan the best by far. We ate one night at Ziggys, which was fun and had a lovely view. The third dinner was quite forgettable so I won't even mention the restaurant.

Between the wonderful hospitality at Serinn House, a great guide and the beauty of the countryside, our trip to Cappadocia was all we hoped it would be. The only glitch was with the shuttle back and forth to the airport. Going to Urgup, the van was overcrowded and I sat up front without a seatbelt, which made me pretty uncomfortable. On the return, the driver never showed up so we had a take a private taxi. I'm not sure how others experienced their airport arrival and transfer. We arrived and left on very early flights so it might not be as much of an issue for mid day flying.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brief report on recent trip June 2013

Glad you had such a good time?

What less common places did your guide take you to, might be some good ideas for future visitors?

Who were your transfers with? It's very worrying that they were not good, last thing you need is a panic getting to from the airport? Please write a review of the transfer company as a warning of others.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
393 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brief report on recent trip June 2013

AmFromDC,

Thank you for taking time to share your Trip Report. Is Ali a private tour guide? I am looking for a private guide and not a group guide. After reading your post it confirmed that I should g et my own rental car since I am staying in Urgup. Thanks.

3. Re: Brief report on recent trip June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:16