We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cappadocia photos

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Cappadocia photos

It has taken be almost 3 years to post these photos to flickr..( too busy :=)) so I would love to share my pictures from out Nov 2010 trip to the Cappadocia region

flickr.com/photos/…

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,659 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cappadocia photos

Beautiful!

Where is the one (No 131) with the water taken at?

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cappadocia photos

Hi heidotheroad,

both 123 and 131 were taken in Avanos..just after the bridge..

so glad you have enjoyed my photos and oooopps a bit late in adding them to flickr..I still do love photography but never seem to have the time to do as much as I would like

I would hopwe that any new travellers to the Cappadocia area will enjoy them as well...plus you see we have great weather in nov. 20110

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,659 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cappadocia photos

Ah, you are so good! Your photos would certainly make me want to visit if I hadn't already!

123 & 131 seem to look bigger and grander than I recall Avanos being. At first glance, I almost wondered if 123 was Ortakoy!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cappadocia photos

Great photos, Canmom!! I 'favorited' a few (i'm at work so can't linger too long right now) but I hope to view more from your Turkey set later on. We just finished a 10-day trip to Turkey, including Cappadocia and loved it! I wish i'd seen those dolls! Great photo ops. I hope to go back in the future, and this time, I'll be sure to visit Cirali, I know you often mention it and I'm looking forward to your photo set from there.

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cappadocia photos

<<<123 & 131 seem to look bigger and grander than I recall Avanos being. At first glance, I almost wondered if 123 was Ortakoy!<<<

Hi heidotheroad,...maybe that is my photographic skills :=))) lol ...just kidding..

hi tatsy74,

so happy that you have enjoyed many of my photos and also happy that you are interested in coming back to Turkey..10 days is just too short to see all the wonderful site..you really need about 2-3 weeks and even then you cant see it all.

I have been living here for over 16 yrs now and still have not seen all of turkey..still many places I would love to explore..its a big country

here are all my photo sets

http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets/

you will love Cirali if you like the smaller seaside villages that have not been taken over with mass tourism and remain unspolit...if you ever get to cirali send me a message :=)

Cirali photos over the years;

flickr.com/photos/…

flickr.com/photos/…

flickr.com/photos/…

I dont have as much time to take photos these days unless I go on holidays too..

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
185 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cappadocia photos

Hi Canmom, thanks for providing that link to your Cirali photos, they are STUNNING! I really enjoy looking at photos and I was more than happy to look at yours - i loved the range, from close-ups to landscapes, just great focus! You're a great photographer! We would have loved to visit Turkey for more than a paltry 10 days, believe me, but sadly, we only get such little vacation time. I know we've barely scratched the surface with Turkey, which is why I'd like to go back and do another trip down south (including another leg in Istanbul, as well- we were only there for 5 measly nights!) We did Ephesus, Cappadocia and Istanbul on this trip.

Thanks again for the links, I favorited a bunch of photos because they are lovely!! I will contact you when we go to Cirali in the future. I've been enjoying these forums, reading all the threads about Dalyan and Marmaris, Bodrum, etc, just to learn about the Southern region, but we plan to come back to Turkey in the future. I'm glad you got to post your incredible photos, now I really want to visit this pretty little town!

7. Re: Cappadocia photos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:20