We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey for the elderly

philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Turkey for the elderly

Hello All,

My family is visiting Turkey this summer. Now my mom wants to come. I would love it so much. She's 83 - brilliant - loves to travel. However she has a lot of difficulty walking especially up hill. She can't do steps anymore. She adores ruins. She has been to Istanbul, but never Cappadocia. What can you tell me about the amount of walking that would be required? We're thinking Antalya to Kusadasi to see Ephesus - onto Cappadocia and Istanbul. We can afford to hire drivers but it's no fun if she can't walk around inside different sights. Any insight appreciated.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Turkey for the elderly

Well I'm no longer going to Cappadocia if I can't go lambing! :)))

Okay I need to find a hotel near the one you recommend, but I know my kids- pool is important.

Mom hasn't said yes yet, but all of this information is getting her very close. She, too, will be sad to hear about the lack of lambing....

Ellen!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,478 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Turkey for the elderly

Take a look at these hotels in Istanbul and read some reviews of them - http://sirkecigrouphotels.com/our_hotels.html

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Turkey for the elderly

Hi again...I suggest that you contact and send a private message to the Istanbul DE Busy-retired regarding getting around not only Istanbul but other places in Turkey with walking disabilities ..she will offer a wealth of experience and tips..many of the places you have mentioned she has visited on various years in Turkey

tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/Busy-retired

philadelphia
Level Contributor
368 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Turkey for the elderly

Thank you. I wrote to her.

And I will read the reviews about hotels! I realize Kas may be out which is fine.

15. Re: Turkey for the elderly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2014, 05:21