We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days in Istambul

Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
4 days in Istambul

I will be in Istambul late September. We only have 4 days and would love to see Cappadocia, as well as the markets, the palaces and more.

Are we going to have enough time?

What is the weather like in September.

If we have time to see Cappadocia, how do we get there, is flying expensive? Should we book a tour from here or pick up one there.

Lots of questions. I'm hoping to see a lot in our four days.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Edna

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,729 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days in Istambul

Four days, is hardly enough to see even the highlights of Istanbul OR Cappadociia. Is there any possibility of increasing the length of your trip?

Are you likely to be in Turkey again soon, if so I'd suggest you restrict your visit to just Istanbul this time, and save Capp for another time.

If you really won't be back in Turkey again, you could catch a flight to Capp as soon as you arrive in Ist, without leaving the airport. You definitely don't have time to waste transferring to a hotel then back to the airport, etc. If you are taking this option, I suggest you book both legs with THY if possible, then you are covered if your first flight is delayed. Spend the following day in Capp and catch a late flight at night or the first flight the following morning back to Istanbul.

It is very easy to arrange all this yourself, booking flights, hotels, etc online. You could consider a small group day tour in Capp- look at companies like Turkish Heritage Travel who won't waste your precious day with shopping stops.

No tours necessary in Ist, but you are going to have to get a guide book and plan your itinerary carefully.You have so little time you will have to choose your personal must- see's.

Edited: 11 January 2014, 09:55
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 days in Istambul

Thank you for your reply. I will have to re consider and look at my options.

3. Re: 4 days in Istambul

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18