We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
129 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

Hello,

We will be in Cappadocia for 3 full days. Some of us in the group want to hike at least one of the days. The itinerary we have come up with is below. Your feedback/suggestions is much appreciated.

Day 1:

1. Green Day Tour

(Goreme Panorama, Derinkuyu underground city, Ihlara valley, Belisirma village, Yaprakhisar panaroma, Selime monastery, Pigeon valley, Onyx workshop)

2. Whirling Dervishes Ceremony

Day 2:

1. Hot air balloon ride

2. Goreme open museum

3. Turkish bath

*** Anything else we can do on this day?

Day 3:

1. Golden hiking tour - newgoreme.com/cappadocia-tours/32/CAPPADOCIA…

(Pigeon valley (hiking), Panoramic view from Uçhisar, White and Honey (Love) valleys (hiking), Meskendir valley (hiking), Red and Rose valleys (hiking))

*** Alternate option for non hikers?

*** Anything else we can do this day?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,611 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

Things/ places you can add include Urgup, Uchisar, Ortihisar, Avanos, Cavusin, Mustafapasa, Sognali, Zelve, cooking class, jeep safari, horse riding.....

Cappadocia
Level Contributor
108 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

Hi Denver,

The first day of your trip sounds you will be joining a group tour- which is logical- since Ihlara and Selime spots are far away and can be managed by one of daily departure tours from Goreme. Ihlara valley is including a hike for 1,5h- 2 hours depending on the pace and will have few stops to see the fascinating churches cut out of basalt rock with some rescued seccos in.

I will strongly recommend you seeing Whirling dervishes performance at the historical caravanserai. Be sure that you are not taken into an ordinary building, since the one takes place in caravanserai offers an unforgettable atmopshere for being historic and the ambience fits very much with the sense of Sufism.

For day 2;

After an early balloon ride, you can rest and have a relax morning with delicious turkish breakfast. Which hotel you will accommodating? if you are staying in goreme, you can easily walk up to the museum in 20 minutes and on the way back connect your path via swords valley to Cavusin village to see the church of John the baptist, there than you can walk up to Monks valley and Zelve open air museum. Manageable on foot, but I can suggest you hiring a car or a bike to make it reachable and fun for this day. Avanos , on north, is a pretty town on river, and you can see pottery making at one of the local ateliers- which is one of the traditional handcaft of Cappadocia.

Day 3; Will recommend to join one of the local tours to explore Soganlı valley & kaymaklı underground city with few more sites on route - for membes who opt for sightseein instead of hiking- to see as much as possible. Underground cities are must see in cappadocia and the sites like Keslik monastery, town of sinasos and Cemil village worths a stop to see.

The three valleys in one day sounds exhausting to me, however if the hikers are fit enough for a long day ofactiviy, they may be fine.

Other than this, you may go for a horseback ride ( for 2 hours), or pedal through the valleys or just chill out and admire the landscape of Cappadocia with a bottle of local wine:-)

Hope this helps,

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

Day 2, horse riding, get a photo taken with a camel in Urgup or on the way to Nevsehir

Day 3, spend time in Urgup & Avanos

Visit the new Kolcuoglu restaurant which is located in an old han besides the mosque in Urgup.

Great authentic local food at affordable prices.

https:/…526bbb3311d267e76cddfcb9

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
129 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

Thank you all so much for the information. It helps me continue my research.

We will be staying at the Kelebek hotel in Goreme.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,611 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

I'm sure you'll love Cappadocia and the Kelebek!

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

You could go to Uchisar or Cavusin on the 2nd evening for sunset.

And I do like the hiking tour, go for it. Do the Rose valley in the evening.

On day 2 you could also go to Zelve.

Resmen's recommendations too look great.

I spent about 4 days, have a look for some ideas I might have missed out here: …wordpress.com/my-travels-2/…

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
129 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

Thank you ashwinbahulkar. I have seen some of your posts on Cappacodia. They were very helpful, enjoyed reading them.

We have decided to hire a car at least for one of the three days. We are still researching, but once we have a plan, I will share it with the group.

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

Car is a great idea for a complete day, especially in the evening, when you would want to come back from a good sunset place.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
129 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

Hello!

So many beautiful places to visit! :) It has only left me confused how I should plan our 3 days. Here is what I have come up with so far. Any feedback/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Day 1 (By car)

======

1. Underground city - Derinkuru

2. Ilhara

3. Selime

Day 2 (All by walk?)

======

1. Hot air balloon ride

2. Goreme open air museum

3. Walk through Pigeon valley to Uchisar

4. Bus or walk back to Goreme

5. Walk the Red valley to Cavusin village and finally to Pasabag

6. Whirling Dervishes.

*** Is this too much for 1 day? ***

Day 3

======

?

* Can I fit Mustafapasha and Uchisar? If yes, which day would be best?

* What day would work best for visiting the Love and Rose valleys?

* I have heard of other valleys - White, Secret, Zemi, Devrend and Zelve - can I fit these in my itinerary?

* Would you suggest visiting Urgup and Mustafapasha given the time (3 days)?

* Can I work in a sunset tour of the valleys?

Edited: 18 May 2014, 01:08
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,611 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 3 full days in Cappadocia - Help with itinerary

If you really want to do Ilhara, then do it on the first day with an underground city, by tour.If you go by car you can only do a short loop back to the car instead of hiking a distance length of the valley from A to B.

On the second day, start with your hikes and only do the Open Air Museum at the end of the afternoon if you still have time and energy. You must not chance being stuck in a valley when the light starts to go.

On the third day, you can get a car if you wish to visit the other places you fancy, and Goreme Open Air Museum if you didn't make it in Day 2.

Edited: 18 May 2014, 08:34