We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

23 May to 27 May, need some serious help

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Topic
23 May to 27 May, need some serious help

Dear All,

I will be reaching Istanbul on 23 May and then flying to Kayseri Airport with my friends. We will reach about 10.15PM. My group of 4 will be in Cappadocia/Goreme from 24 May to 26 May, and we will fly back to Istanbul on 27 May, morning.

We have exactly 3 days there and reading a couple of the reviews, there are a lot of things to do in Cappadocia!

I need help on the following.

1) Does the hotel still provide transport to Goreme at such timing?

2) So many attractions, where should we start?

3) Should we rent a car?

4) Should we actually do the ATV ride tour?

Thank you all for your precious time and effort to read and answer my queries.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,681 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 23 May to 27 May, need some serious help

1. Email your hotel and ask them, if not one of the Travel agencies such as Turkish Heritage Travel can do it. All shuttles must be pre- booked.

2.You should start with a guide book and by reading some of the tour agency websites to see what you fancy doing.

3. Entirely your choice.

4. No particular reason why you should do an ATV tour, any more than you should do any other. Entirely your choice, though personally I find them a most unacceptable method of exploring the quiet, peaceful countryside. I had heard that they were to be banned from some of the valleys because of the damage they cause but I don't know whether that has happened.

2. Re: 23 May to 27 May, need some serious help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:16