My husband and I are travelling to Cappadocia in August. Given we are pressed on leave from work we could manage only one day in Cappadocia and two days in Istanbul. I need some help from fellow travellers to help with my itinerary and questions
Monday, 18 August
- Arrive Istanbul Ataturk airport at 1310hrs from Abu Dhabi
- Flight to Kayseri from Istanbul Ataturk airport at 1600hrs (if possible)
- Spend the night at Cave hotel in Groeme
2. Tuesday, 19 August
- Hot air balloon ride in the morning
- Take one of the tours
- Flight from Kayseri at 1900hrs to Istanbul
1. How does the above itinerary look?
2. Can anyone recommend websites for cheap flights. I had a look at http://www.bulucak.com/ as recommended on the forum but can't change the language to English. I need to take flights from Ataturk airport.
3. What are the 'must-see' places in Cappadocia? I am torn between the following three tours:
Option 1: Green tour (Derinkuyu Underground City, Ihlara Valley hike, Selime Monastery and shopping visit)
Option 2: Red tour (Devrent valley, Zelve Open Air Museum, Avanos , Groeme open air musesum)
Option 3: Group tour (offered by a private tour operator) includes Mustafapasa (Sinassos) Village, Sobessos Excavation, Kirksehitler Church, Hike & lunch in Soganli Valley, Derinkuyu Underground City and no shopping visit
4. Should I book Cappadocia trip (flights+ hotel+ tour) though a Turkish travel agent or on my own?