We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about day tour and hot air ballooning

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
571 posts
759 reviews
Save Topic
Question about day tour and hot air ballooning

Hello,

I will be arriving in Kayseri airport on The evening of May 26th. And will have all day in Cappadocia. I was told that Goerme is a good place to stay.

We wanted to do hot air ballooning as well as do a day tour. Will this all be possible in one day as we have all day free on May 27th in Cappadocia and we have an early (6AM) flight to get to Bodram.

Thanks!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about day tour and hot air ballooning

What a shame you only have one day, but yes you can do a balloon reside and a day tour.

The balloon ride pick ups are very early, maybe 5.30am and get back to the hotel at say 8.30am so you have time for a quick breakfast before the day tour which usually pick up around 9.30am.

Pick a day tour which covers the highlights which appeal to you most and make sure there are no shopping stops,or so called demonstrations, to waste your limited time.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about day tour and hot air ballooning

Is there a one day tour from Istanbul to cappadocia. We are arriving on a cruise and have an overnight (16 hours) in Istanbul where we have already visited.we arrive early July 6th and depart early evening on July 7.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about day tour and hot air ballooning

I can't see how that would work. You will have no time to do anything on the first day as you disembark, travel to the airport, check in time, fly, transfer at the other end to the hotel. It would be evening before you arrived. On the 7th you'd get up in the morning and do all that in reverse to make it back to your ship for early evening departure.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about day tour and hot air ballooning

Thank you for your realistic solution to an impossible. adventure

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about day tour and hot air ballooning

If you have day in Istanbul you are very lucky, I wouldn't consider doing anything else, except seeing the sites in Istanbul itself. If you get a taxi to the blue mosque, all the main sights are within walking distance. I went to Istanbul for a day, have been back twice since, and stil havent seen all I want.

6. Re: Question about day tour and hot air ballooning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:18