We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to cappadocia from greece

denver
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
getting to cappadocia from greece

Hello all, I have been scouring forums for what I'm looking for and found a few good solutions but they were quite old and I'm not sure apply to 2014 routes so asking again.

I am starting a trip in Greece, Athens to Santorini.

We would then like to go to Cappadocia and are ending our trip in Istanbul where we will fly back to the US.

Between Santorini and Cappadocia we have a day where we could stop somewhere in between that could be seen for the day/stay over/depart to cappadocia if advantageous.

My problem is there are no direct flights to Cappadocia, so trying to minimize layovers. Initially I had thought we might be able to head from Santorini to Mykonos for a day and then fly from there; We found the Mykonos to SAW to ASR flight, but the first leg is now $700 on atlas. (8/31 or 9/1).

My question is if anyone can suggest a better route that won't require 8 hours of travel just to get from Santorini to Cappadocia… we have only a week and a half for our entire trip so this is a ambitious itinerary, trying to minimize travel time. But I think I have my heart set on seeing Cappadocia after reading all these fantastic things about it!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,889 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to cappadocia from greece

you could fly with Pegasus airlines from Athens to Kayseri ( non-direct of course ) for a round 170.00 US dollars pp

Outbound Flight USD

Athens - Kayseri

Flight No: PC746 Class: U

Departure

ATH(ATH)

16.07.2014 - 12:15

Arrival

IST (SAW)

16.07.2014 - 13:40

Flight No: PC4162 Class: E

Departure

IST (SAW)

16.07.2014 - 18:40

Arrival

ASR (ASR)

16.07.2014 - 20:00

Fare Total USD 170.00 US dollars ( this price mayb change depending on your dates of travel. I just used a random date )

http://www.flypgs.com/en/

the other option is to get a ferry from Greece and the island to say Samos, Rhodes,

turkeytravelplanner.com/trans/Ship/GreekIsla…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g189398-c4269/Greece:…

Ferries (motorboats and hydrofoils) depart from at least six Greek islands to ten ports in Turkey. The busiest, most convenient Turkish ports are Bodrum, Marmaris, Kuşadası and Çeşme; those in Greece are Rhodes, Kos, Samos and Chios.

If you take the Samos-Kuşadası ferry you can get to Izmir airport where you can fly to Kayseri for Cappadocia and there are direct flights with Sun-express airlines and Pegasus airlines

check the link below for finding flights

https:/…1

last alternative is getting to Turkey fly, or by ferry ( any location ) and then overnight buses to Cappadocia ( Goreme )

denver
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to cappadocia from greece

thanks canmom.

3. Re: getting to cappadocia from greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Cappadocia