We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late night arrival in cappadocia

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Late night arrival in cappadocia

Arriving in Cappadochia on a late flight (21:10hrs) and transferring to Goreme, does anybody know if we will be to late to get something to eat in Goreme?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late night arrival in cappadocia

Might be Ok I, but to be on the safe side either eat in the airport while waiting for your flight or email hotel and ask if they can keep dinner for you.

Nevsehir, Turkey
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late night arrival in cappadocia

The 21.10 hrs landing means that you will be in Goreme around 22.30 assuming that there is no delay with either your flight or transfer.

You can find something to eat in Goreme.There are a dozen of diffrent restaurants along the main road.

Most hotels dont have a kitchen, so i think that you either eat before you take off or have a sandwich (if its Turkish Airlines) at the airplane and continue some snacks after landing :-)

Zeki iserio

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late night arrival in cappadocia

I can't imagine that the OP would find many of those restaurants open and willing to serve by the time they have checked into their hotel and made their way back to the restaurants.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late night arrival in cappadocia

We packed ourselves a sandwich, crisps, and a bottle of wine in the suitcase and once we had checked into the hotel we ate and drank in our room. It was late (about 23:00hrs) by the time we got to the hotel (The Vineyard) so this seemed like the best option. There were cakes and drinks in our room fridge, these were a welcome surprise. I think you could still find a place or two that may have rustled you something to eat but we were not prepared to risk it. Such a lovely hotel and room, it was a pleasure to spend time in the room. I hope this helps..

P.S The Vineyard is a wonderful choice if anybody is looking for a place to stay, great, helpful, informative hosts and some wonderful rooms. great breakfast to.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Late night arrival in cappadocia

Hope you enjoyed your visit, we'd love to hear more about it, and you should write a review of your hotel.

6. Re: Late night arrival in cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:17