We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2.5 Days in Cappadocia Itinerary Questions

Level Contributor
33 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
2.5 Days in Cappadocia Itinerary Questions

After going through numerous threads here on TA, we have decided to split 3 nights in Istanbul, 2 nights in Cappadocia, 2 nights in Bodrum, 1 night in Izmir & 1 night in Istanbul. We are family of four with boys age 6 & 4.

We are reaching NAV airport at 8:30 AM on Monday. So I am thinking to take a tour directly from Airport that will cover Pigeon Valley , Cavusin Village, Kaymakli Underground City. Then we check-in at Hotel. (Anitya Cave House in Ortahisa).

On Day 2 - Tue - take Hot Air Balloons in morning. After Breakfast take another tour that will cover Red Valley, Uchisar Castle, Goreme Open Air Museum, Devrent Valley.

On Day 3 - Wed - we have flight from ASR airport at 2:30 PM. In case, if Hot Air Balloon didn't fly on Tue, this is our back-up day. Else, just roam around to nearby places and then go for Airport.

Questions:

1) Does the above looks doable?

2) Should we take tour on Day 2 or should we just do it on our own?

3) If we have time on Day 2, I will like to take wife to vineyards in evening for romantic dinner - any suggestions?

Thanks!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2.5 Days in Cappadocia Itinerary Questions

Tours don't usually leave from the airport so you'll probably have to arrange a private tour.

On the second day, you can take a tour if you want to fit everything in, rent a car, or just do what you can on foot. You won't manage it all on foot but you may find it better than trying to get young children to cope with two days of tours.

Are you aware that most reputable balloon companies have age restrictions for children?

Not sure what you mean by dining in a vineyard but you can read reviews for nice restaurants.

Troy, New York
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2.5 Days in Cappadocia Itinerary Questions

I would like to do day 2 on my own, taking my own time, exploring places, while renting a car/taxi for the day. There are some great places o go for sunset,some in the rose/red valley or maybe the top of Uchisar, which are romantic, but I'm not sure if wine available at those places, they are more like tea/juice places for walkers/hikers on the go. It's not exactly like France or Italy where you can dine near vineyards. But there are enough places with good atmosphere.

Cappadocia
Level Contributor
108 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2.5 Days in Cappadocia Itinerary Questions

Hi, your itinerary looks packed and doable for adults, but i am afraid it may be too exhausting for the day 2 for kids as long as you do not complain carrying them at the back. Make sure that red valley includes hike or not, since most reason to go there is for 1,5 or 2 hours hike.. Renting a car for the second day will give comfort, flexibility and stress free times, i believe.

Yes, make sure that you arrange your shuttle transfer from airport on arrival day. The town you overnight is close to two main sites mentioned on day 2 - goreme open air museum & red valley- btw.

You should tailor this romantic dinner in a wineyard otherwise there are no restaurants among wines. You may opt for one of the nice restaurants with a nice view or in a romantic atmosphere; like Muti in urgup, seten in goreme, elai or lila in Uchisar. Or have a sunset time with a fine cappadocian wine?

Hope you enjoy most out of it!

4. Re: 2.5 Days in Cappadocia Itinerary Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2015, 05:16