We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anybody help me?

Mersin (Icel...
2 posts
Save Topic
Can anybody help me?

I'm a new student in Mersin, i want to see Cappadocia but as i am alone here and I don't know Turkish at all, i am searching a tour program with a good price, can anybody help me to find it?

and also i don't know which part is more interesting to go?North,south,...?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anybody help me?

Welcome to the forum Neda!I think it will be hard for you to find a tour programme from Mersin(especially one for English speakers) but you can take the intercity bus directfrom Mersin to Göreme in Cappadocia where you will find many tour agencies with whom you can book daily excursions to various parts of Cappadocia.

For example from Mersin both Metro Turizm and Nevşehirliler Seyahat bus companies have buses leaving at 10.00 arriving in Göreme at 16.30,cost 40TL.As a solo female you would be seated alone or next to another woman never next to a man.So you can enjoy a safe,comfortable journey.

In Göreme there is a huge choice of accomodation from simple ,friendly,cheap pensions up to very smart,expensive boutique hotels.

The village is centrally located for visiting all area's of the Cappadocia region and is a safe,friendly village for you to visit on your own.

Daily tours vary from 30-60€ per person and this includes all transport,guiding,entrance fee's,lunch and insurance.Tours there are always small group,12-14 people not huge big bus groups of 40-50 people so it is a nice way to see the area.

Here are 2 well known and reliable tour companies offering daily tous to give you an idea of what is available.Look through them and see which of the tours programmes most appeals to you.

http://www.reliabletour.com/

http://www.newgoreme.com/

English is quite widely spoken around Cappadocia so don't worry about not knowing much Turkish-99.9% of tourists don't know one single word but still have a great time there :)

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anybody help me?

Also take a look at Heritage Tours! They do such a good job and the group tours aren't expensive at all. There are so many sights and areas to visit in Cappadocia, you'll have a great time! www.goreme.com/group-cappadocia-tours.php

3. Re: Can anybody help me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 06:15