We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tragic balloon accident in Cappadoccia

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,379 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tragic balloon accident in Cappadoccia

Regrettably, the news is reporting the tragic death of 1 person and injuries to 10 others who were flying with Mike Miners, Kapadokya balloons - the very balloon company that we flew with last summer.

My heart goes out to all those killed and injured and although I know that there are some cowboy balloon outfits who operate in Cappadoccia - I truly believe that Kapadokya balloons are not in that league as they are one of the first balloon operators in that area many years ago and I have personally heard of the vast experiences of Kaili and Lars and their team, first hand.

timesonline.co.uk/tol/…article6387967.ece

West Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tragic balloon accident in Cappadoccia

Yes, very sad news. Dudisimo started a thread this morning:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k28…

NZ
Level Contributor
1,159 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tragic balloon accident in Cappadoccia

Kaili and Lars will be devastated. They are so safety conscious and have a magnificent safety record.

They have set the standard for many of the newer operators to emulate.

Its so sad.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
73 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tragic balloon accident in Cappadoccia

We have just returned after three weeks in Turkey, one which was spent in Goreme. We flew with Lars on 25 May, a wonderful perfect,sunny day and was so impressed with the company. We were completely unaware of the accident and only read about it after returning two days ago!

I don't have all the facts of what happened, but my heart goes out to all involved and the family of the scientist who was killed.

Lars and his team is very professional and skilled and our hearts go out to them!

4. Re: Tragic balloon accident in Cappadoccia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 05:35