We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for a family in Goreme?

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for a family in Goreme?

My son and I are traveling to Cappadocia for one week and I wondered which accommodation would be most suitable for a family. I love the looks of the pool at Kose and the pension sounds really friendly - is it a good choice for a family or is it best suited to 20 somethings? Or the Kelebek - which has great reviews here - any comments on the pool there? (We probably sound like big softies but we plan on hiking quite a bit and I know my son will be a more willing hiker if he knows there's the prospect of a swim at the end of the day!)

Thanks!

The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for a family in Goreme?

The Rock Valley Pension has a pool, I nearly stayed there last June but his filter pump wasn't working. Looks nicer than the Kose (where I stayed a couple of nights), because it's in a nicer setting at the south end of the village. I ended up in the Star Cave for 8 nights, which was good, but no pool.

http://www.rockvalleycappadocia.com/

Babylon, New York
Level Contributor
167 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for a family in Goreme?

We traveled to Turkey with our 1e year old in April and Stayed at the Kelebek. BEcasue there were 3 of us, we needed a larger room but our son looked at the incredibly cool looking rooms cut inot the fairy chimneys and wished we could stay there next time. If you stay at the Kelebek (which we loved!), make sure to ask for one of those rooms!

don't know about a pool htough - we were so exhausted by nightfall there was no energy left to play in a pool - -e-mail Mustafa or Ali there and ask - - they were always very helpful.

Bonnie

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
45 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for a family in Goreme?

Thanks Bonnie and David!

Villa Kirmizi Lale...
Destination Expert
for Kalkan
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for a family in Goreme?

I too can recommend the Kelebek as a lovely family hotel..they were building a pool last year as I recall - so you could e-mail them and ask them if it is finished and useable...!!

Cheers!

5. Re: Best place for a family in Goreme?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2009, 05:25