We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goreme In December

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
GOLETA
1 post
Save Topic
Goreme In December

I am planning a trip to Goreme in late Dec with my father (not too active) and my 6 year old son (active) What should we pack? what activities should we plan? What should I shop for?

thanks

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,999 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goreme In December

LOtt, I was at Goreme during last November. The weather was nice but somewhat chilly in the evenings. In December it may get cold. So pack some warm weather sports clothing, and comfortable walking shoes. You should take a balloon trip while there. Here's a review of my balloon trip with Butterfly Balloons: "tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297983-d1…".

good luck,

enigma...

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goreme In December

I was in Goreme in late January this year. It was snowing at times and the weather ranged from 0 to -20c but we had a great time.

I didn't take a balloon trip and wouldn't recommend it unless you can afford it (100 euros (230 lira) per person for an hour flight).

We did quad biking for 2 hours which cost 60 lira

Rented a scooter for a day which cost 30 lira

Did a full day green tour which cost 70 lira

Accommodation prices are cheap, there are much less tourists around and I find winter to be the best time to visit the Cappadocia region and the rest of Turkey for that matter.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
822 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goreme In December

I was there this past November. It was cold but not miserable. I would bring a warm coat, gloves, scarf and maybe hat just to be prepared. Check this web site for updated weather information closer to the date. I found it very useful and will tell you by city too. http://www.wunderground.com/global/TU.html

The temps are listed in farenheit. If by chance you are brain dead like me when it comes to celsius and you see celsius readings do the following to get close to the farenheit temp - double the celsius reading and add 30.

You will enjoy Turkey immensely.

4. Re: Goreme In December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:41