We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Tours in Goreme

Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Rose Tours in Goreme

We recently went on a trip which was booked with one company and somehow ended up with Rose Tours after being shifted from bus to bus 4 times.

I can recommend that you check and confirm the company, as it looks like they share to fill spaces, make sure how many people and who is the guide as the companies vary considerably.

We went with Rose Tours on the green tour and it was TERRIBLE, they had 2 buses with only 1 guide and a crazy driver (Suman) who was swerving left to right, braking hard and kept giving road rage to other motorists.

The guide (Kasim) was lazy and gave a brief overview and then said meet you at the other end and walked ahead on his own or sat in the shade. Other companies guides accompanied them every step of the way giving information and advice.

I complained about the driver and guide during the tour and after to the guy at the office and was virtually ignored. NEVER using them again.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rose Tours in Goreme

You do not say who you actually booked with, but surely the original company is responsible for your poor experience. Who are they and have you complained to them ?

Edited: 15 July 2012, 12:15
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,036 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rose Tours in Goreme

It may also be significant that although Rose Tours say they are registered with Tursab which is a legal requirement, they fail to show their registration number.

You can contact Tursab about your complaint.

London, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Rose Tours in Goreme

I went on the Red and Green tours with this rose tour company, and I agree with Sikaran, the guide we have had (although was a different name to yours) he was very lazy, and always showing a attitude of "I can't be bothered". We went on the red tour with only 5 guests, such a small tour, he only allowed us 5 mins here and 5 mins there for photographing, where the place need at least a good 20 mins, and some sights need at least 40 mins to 1 hour, the guide only gave us 25 mins. The time at the sights are really pushed hard. The only place that the guide was not pushing us is the workshop, he didn't give any time frame - he said take your time to look at the workshop! (what a day!)

After all, we were supposed to finish the red tour by 530pm, but we ended up at 330pm. 2 hours earlier than what we have told by the office, I went to the office and complaint, the tour guide gets really angry at us and yelled at us. (I wonder if he should be the customers!)

Never use Rose Tour again!!!

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rose Tours in Goreme

As I know Rose Tour is the parent company of Rose Rental in Goreme;

I strongly recommend NOT using them either!!

Their bikes are old, not maintained properly and the guides are lazy. The only thing they care is your cash. Don't trust what they say.

We booked one hour for two bikes to go in the rose and red valley. 20 minutes in, one of the bike stop working completely, we waited for 30 minutes in the middle of the road, not having even entered the valley when the guide spoke on the phone with the office and told us to go back, time was up!! I try to spoke to the boss on the phone but he did not cared; when back to his shop he confronted us start shouting and yelling.

They ruined the day, so if you do not want to ruin your stay in such wonderful place, DO NOT USE ROSE RENT and ROSE TOURS!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rose Tours in Goreme

I recently went of a green tour with rose tours and thought it was fantastic. It finished on time at 5:30pm and I thought we had adequate time at each stop. Our guide, Gulsen, was fantastic. I found her to be very professional and informative and was great at explaining the history of the area.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
37 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rose Tours in Goreme

I had almost the exact same awful experience as Sikaran! This tour operator as I compared to other groups are the worst! Do yourself a favor and make sure NOT to book with them.

7. Re: Rose Tours in Goreme

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2015, 06:16