We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capaddocia experience

Lisboa
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Capaddocia experience

Hi there.

Just come back from my Turkish adventure

Turkey is incredible beautiful and Capadoccia a must see.

I did the ballon trip in Gerome (a must do).

The trip begins at 5.15AM :) but it's a trip to remember all life.

The prices are not cheap (150-170€). I found a contact in Gerome and did it for 140€ in a well reviewed company.

It was incredible beautiful.

Avoid goreme open air museum if you have car. Better to make all the green And red tour. All this zone is a Open air museum :)

Sérgio

Edited: 01 May 2013, 13:32
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Capaddocia experience

Thank you for the tips, Sergio!

Did you book the tours in advance?

I was looking for daily tours and it was around €60 (€50 in cash).

Which company did you use?

Lisboa
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capaddocia experience

Hello :)

Flavinha:

There's a lot of companies in Goreme, i sugest you buy there the daily tours. It's easy to negotiate prices.

About the baloons I met a local guy that sells baloons flights with special prices. I paid 140€. It was astonishing beautifull :)

If you need I can give you his email address. He was very kind. :)

Thanks

Sérgio

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Capaddocia experience

We just returned from Turkey and already planning a trip for next year. That says a lot since we try not to go to the the same country twice. Next year we are going to Cappadocia but I don't know for how long of a stay yet. Some blogs say two days others say at least three. Is the balloon trip per person? There are three of us.

Thanks

Edited: 09 May 2013, 14:35
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capaddocia experience

Yes, 150e approx is the price per person. Don't worry if you can't realy afford it, you can still have a perfectly amazing time in Cappadocia - and getting up early one morning to watch the balloons fly over is lovely!

Many people love their balloon ride, but having done one elsewhere, i was somewhat underwhelmed - and the hot gas/oil?? dripping down my neck from the burner was quite uncomfortable!

I've twice spent 4 days in the area, and still feel a little as though we rushed around so much that it is hard to remember which valley was which!, so definitely go for at least three full days.

m

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capaddocia experience

Once you get to Goreme you will find tour companies at every street corner and in between. We paid 135 Euros per person for the balloon trip and it was a small group of 10 - so we all got a good view. Some I saw had more than 20 so the ppl in the middle I am sure did not get to see much. We spent 3 nights and 4 days - and it was just right for the tours and to relax.

6. Re: Capaddocia experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 06:19