We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Cappadocia

Thailand
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Driving in Cappadocia

I never drive ascend/descend the steep hill before. Only drive on the flat road.

That is why I am not sure how difficult to drive in Cappadocia.

How is the road? Do we need to ascend/descend the hill when visit the valley nearby?

We are 2 woman. I have not much experience on driving but I'd like to spend sometimes in the area for photo.

We plan to book a tour to Ihara valley/underground city and drive to other places by our own.

How about the road sign? Will we need GPS or only MAP from the internet?

This is my first time to drive outside my country. I am so nervous.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Cappadocia

The roads in Cappadocia are fine, but it makes no sense to drive in a foreign country if you are not experienced. Just choose other ways to get around - tours, public transport, walking, etc.

Tours would not cost much more when you consider the cost of car hire and fuel which is very expensive.

If you do still decide to drive, then you must make sure your driving license is in order to drive in Turkey. I have no idea what the requirements are for you.

2. Re: Driving in Cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Goreme
Recent Conversations