We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cappadocia

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Topic
cappadocia

Hey my friends and I are planning for winter trip to turkey and we plan to go to Cappadocia. if we want to watch the hot air balloon but we dont plan to ride it, where is the best place we should go?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,614 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cappadocia

Just get up early and watch them from your hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cappadocia

If your hotel has a rooftop breakfast terrace you could watch it from there otherwise there is a nice lookout point in Goreme that is a 10 minute climb which gives great panoramic views.

In peak times in summer I'd say there is easily 100 + balloons in the mornings. From Nov-Feb there is more like 10-30 balloons. Nice viewing.

Kuala Lumpur...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cappadocia

Grand! thanks! Im now wondering abut the fee. Are the entrance to Pigeon Valley and access to the Uchisar castle in Cappadocia require extra fee? or do we just have to pay for the gerome open air museum and we can get access into all of that? And if you still remember the price that would be brilliant ! :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
72 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cappadocia

Walking the length of the Pigeon Valley trail is free. Entry to climb Uchisar is modest (under 10TL, 7TL I think). We were there a couple of weeks ago and opted for more hiking/less climbing, only looking up at the Castle instead of entering it. Wonderful views and worthwhile to visit, enjoy!

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
539 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cappadocia

Entrance to Göreme Open Air Museum costs 15TL, the Dark Church costs 8TL extra. Entrance to Uchisar castle costs 5TL but if you have little time, you can just as well skip it. Many hotels have good terraces where you can watch the balloons from, if not you can climb to the sunset point in Göreme which offers excellent views and you are sure to see balloons, no matter where they should fly that morning.

6. Re: cappadocia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 05:17