We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

Hi,

I am planning to go to Goreme in end of January and this will be the first time.

I want to ask can we try the ballons in the end of january? will it be available?

How long should I stay? 2 or 3 day?

please replay to me as soon as possible

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

I've not been in winter but many people enjoy it and the snow/ frost would make it even prettier, have a look at some pics. I know I would enjoy it in winter but you are the only person who can decide if you would!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

Nana reread my first post to you. I explained to you I was there 2 weeks ago in winter when it was cold and there was snow everywhere. I got to places using a rental car I rented from Ankara. 2 years ago I went there in winter in January. I've visited many times in summer aswell but personally prefer visiting when it is cold & snowy.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

Hi all,

I'm also visiting Cappadocia from Jan 19th-22nd with a friend. So I'm posting in this thread instead of starting a new one (Nana, hope you don't mind).

We're thinking of renting a car to give ourselves more freedom of getting around. I don't have much experience driving when it snows though. Would this be a problem? How easy is it to drive around the region during winter? I've had about 2 years of driving experience in the States.

Also, should we make a reservation for a rental car asap, or can we just do so at the Kayseri airport once we arrive on Jan 19th (at night)?

Thank you,

G_B

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

Oh, and just one more question. I'm looking at all the hot air balloon companies. There are just so many options! How are they different from one another? And would it be a good idea to make a reservation right now?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,739 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

You've asked two questions totally unrelated to the OP's so it would have been much better to start your own thread and avoid confusion between different conversations.

Balloons- use the search facility and read some of the many existing threads. Basically, you need a reputable company with experienced pilots, rather than choosing the cheapest company. Accidents, even deaths, can and do happen. Yes, you should book in advance- again this has been said so many times. Book for your first morning then you have another chance if it is cancelled due to unfavourable weather conditions.

Car- if you are not comfortable with the prospect of driving on snowy/ icy roads then don't hire a car. In any case you would definitely have to book in advance if you expect to pick a car up at night at the airport- the Cappadocia area airports are very small without many facilities. I'd suggest you prebook a shuttle to your hotel for arrival. If you then decide, in daylight, that conditions are suitable for you to drive, you can hire a car in town.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

greenbear, its ok I never mind :)

I wanted to ask the same question about ballon , did you hear about royal ballon ? I heard that it cost 150 euro

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
99 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

as far as accommodations I can recommend 2 players both of which we stayed at in november and ironically both on the same street a 1 minute walk from each other and both are inexpensive

For a B&B type feel. Goreme Valley Cave Suites. Ask for a cave room and make sure you eat at least 1 night with Ahmet and his family who run the place and live there. Dinner is only $20 lira

Ottoman Cave Suites is more of a 5 star cave accommodation. The rooms are absolutely beautiful.

We did 2 nights in each and loved both for different reasons. If you are looking to be around people in a more social environment Goreme Valley Cave house is a great option. Ahmet's parents are some of the nicest people you will ever come across.

Ottoman is a little more secluded type of feel and that was a perfect way to finish our stay.

I'd book the balloon thru the hotel. That's what we did and it came out to I think around $175 U.S dollars

18. Re: Cappadoicia in Goreme in end of January?is 2 days is enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 07:21