We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Double Tree Hilton or Gerome area in Cappadocia??

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
53 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Double Tree Hilton or Gerome area in Cappadocia??

Is it ok to stay in Double Tree Hilton or should i stay in some Cave hotel in Cappadocia?

Is the cave hotels stay experience worth it? Is commuting from Avanos to main sightseeing sights an issue?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,768 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Double Tree Hilton or Gerome area in Cappadocia??

It's not a huge problem as such travelling from Avanos but why travel such a distance to see the amazing rock formations, then choose to stay completely outwith the area of this fantastic, unique scenery!

Choose somewhere like Goreme where you are completely surrounded by the formations . Uchisar is nice too, but maybe rather isolated unless you have a hire car for the duration of your visit.

I most certainly would not stay in a bland chain hotel if I could stay in a beautiful cave hotel.

Edited: 08 January 2014, 17:40
Chicago
Level Contributor
5,256 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Double Tree Hilton or Gerome area in Cappadocia??

There are many beautiful cave hotels in both Goreme and in Urgup. I'd definitely choose either of these towns over staying in Avanos or Uchisar - unless you prefer quiet and isolation.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
53 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Double Tree Hilton or Gerome area in Cappadocia??

Thanx a ton

Heidotheroad and Globe 2.. WIll definitely stay in a Cave hotel in Goreme amidst the formations.

Huntington, New York
Level Contributor
99 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Double Tree Hilton or Gerome area in Cappadocia??

goreme. definitely. the cave rooms are a great experience

5. Re: Double Tree Hilton or Gerome area in Cappadocia??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17