We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

Bern, Switzerland
5 posts
Save Topic
Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

Hi,

Does anyone have information on where to find timetables and fares for busses from Göreme to Mardin? I couldn't find anything so far.

Thanks a lot.

Bern, Switzerland
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

Found it. Problem solved. :)

2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

Hello,

could you mind in sharing this info with me?

Many thanks.

Bern, Switzerland
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

There is no direct connection between Göreme and Mardin. However, you can go from Göreme to Nevşehir (ca. 12 km, there is a bus every hour) and then take an overnight bus from Nevşehir to Diyarbakir. It leaves at 19:30, costs 60 TL and should take about 10 hours. Tickets can be purchased online (http://www.starbatman.com/) or upon arrival. Busses from Diyarbakir to Mardin leave hourly and the journey takes approximately 1.5 hours.

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

thanks very much for your info.

I saw from a forum that there should be a direct bus between Kayersi (approx. 1 hr transport time from Goreme) and Mardin but seems no online ticket purchasing. may check with the hotel there. =)

Bern, Switzerland
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

Great! I didn't know that. It seems to be this company: www.mardinseyahat.com.tr and there are daily busses from Kayseri leaving at 17h.

Thanks a lot for the info! :)

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,416 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

Hi folks, Since you are interested in Mardin, here is my trip report. "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g672951-i14711-k68…".

enigma...

Bern, Switzerland
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

Thank you very much for the interesting trip report, Enigma!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

Tracy don't worry about purchasing tickets online for any buses in Turkey.

Simply go to the otogar in Kayseri or Nevsehir to purchase tickets whilst there for whenever you intend to travel.

There are always countless bus companies serving many places with frequent bus services to boot. You won't be left stranded. This is the way the locals also purchase their bus tickets.

They actually take it a step further and simply arrive to the bus (ferry, rail) terminal with bags in hand and just hop on the next bus. Some also purchase their tickets from the sub agents of the bus companies found in the suburbs of all cities.

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

Hello, if you are interest in this period are big savings on local airfares - Pegasus airline company

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
41 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus between Göreme (or surrounding towns) and Mardin

If you happen to be travelling during the peaks season or Turkish holidays, you have to book tickets in advance as otherwise they'll be simply sold out, at least to more popular destinations. We had to stay 2 extra nights in Göreme because all buses to Pamukkale were sold out for 4 days after our arrival.