We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
384 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Hi

visiting with family in June. Fussy I had booked Aydinli Cave but due to change in dates they don't have availability, therefore I am looking at Dervish Cave house Double room at 58 Euro per night.

I have following questions.

1. Is Aydinli better than Dervish in terms of room/service/view/breakfast

2. Is dervish Cave also on the hill like Aydinli, add I think Aydinli has great view from terrace

3. Which other choice I have in this budget price of around 50-65 Euro per night with taxes and breakfast

Thanks for your suggestion

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
384 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Can I get a reply please

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

This forum is purely voluntary, you can only get a reply when someone has time and knows the answers to your questions.

Dervish is not on the same hill as Aydinli, but may still have views. The best way to compare views, service, etc is to go to the hotel review section. There you can read many reviews for each hotel, and compare their services.

You can use google map to see where hotels are located.

You can use a website such as www.booking.com to see what is available on your dates, and within your budget.

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
384 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Offciurse it's voluntary, but just reminding again

I know TA members really try their best to help/suggest others on this forum

I have read quite a few reviews on both and both are good but couldn't get a clear picture on the view from dervish Cave

Thanks

Thanks

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Take a look at the Travellers photos in TA reviews, there are a few good ones that should answer your question about Drrvish views.

On the Aydinli Hill some of the other hotels are the Kelebek, the Travellers Cave and the Tashkonak.

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,313 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Heido made some really good recommendations for alternative hotels in Goreme. I really like Aydinli Hotel, but if rooms aren't available, there's not much you can do. Personally speaking, I'd pay a bit more for a better room and/or better view from the breakfast terrace. It makes the difference in Goreme!

FWIW, 58 euros is a low budget, yet there are many low cost hotels in Goreme. Look around and check travel guides. You can't be too fussy with a low budget in a popular tourist destination.

Edited: 30 April 2014, 04:08
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
384 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Hi Globe2

First Thank you all for the reply.

GLOBE2, AM NOT sure when did Heido offered other hotels names to consider.

What I wanted was a comparison b/w the two hotels.

Thanks again

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
384 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Thanks to all

but still a comparison b/w the hotels is awaited

Thanks

Chicago
Level Contributor
5,313 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

I haven't stayed at Dervish Cave House hotel, but have stayed a few times at Aydinli. You can't beat the breakfast terrace views. When you walk upstairs to breakfast, the view of the balloons flying overhead is amazing - and really colorful(!). I hope you have a great trip to Turkey!

Edited: 30 April 2014, 04:48
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
384 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Globa 2.. thanks a lot

As per my understandindg, DERVISH is not on the hill, so offcourse the VIEWS would be compromised ?

Also, is it difficult or nasty to go up the steep hill (we are 37years age with a 7 year girl)

thanks again

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,839 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aydinli Cave hotel Vs Dervish Cave house

Assim, there is little point in anyone bothering to try and help you if you continue to be rude and don't bother to read the answers you are given.

In post 4, I recommended other hotels on the Aydinli hill, and I also told you what to do to have a look at the views from the Dervish. I've looked and I know what I think, but you are just as capable of looking as I am. If you are so sure that there will not be good views from the Dervish, why are you even asking.

You get a comparison between hotels by reading reviews. What's the chances of anyone having stayed at both.....

The hill should not be too much trouble for reasonably fit people.

As globe says, your budget of 58€ is pretty low if that is for a triple room.