We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cappadocia / Goreme 3 full days only

Which Goreme hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
Level Contributor
169 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Cappadocia / Goreme 3 full days only

I'm planning at trip to Turkey in May 2015.

I've put aside 4 full days in Istanbul then fly to Kayseri or Nevsihir and will have 3 full days to explore Goreme / Cappadocia. There appears to be many areas and I'm confused by where to stay - I'd like a cave hotel (a pool would be nice but not a must) I definitely want to go hot air ballooning one morning, the underground tunnels and explore the valleys. I don't really want to be dragged by tour guides through local shops/pottery/carpet makers with the expectation of buying their wares. Any suggestions on day tours or hotels would be greatly appreciated.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,607 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cappadocia / Goreme 3 full days only

Definitely choose a cave hotel! There are many good ones, but I loved both the Kelebek (which has a pool) and the Travellers Cave. They are both situated in Goreme which allows you to do some exploring on your own and you are totally surrounded by the amazing rock formation and fairy chimney scenery here.

There are many ways to spend your time without being dragged to shops, sometimes described as "demonstrations. Turkish Heritage Travel (who run the Kelebek) have a good reputation and their small group day tours have no shopping stops. You could also hire a car, scooter, use the limited public transport, go horse riding, hiking, take a cookery class, visit a dervish ceremony. There are many options, start by reading the forum a little and some tour agency websites for ideas of what to see and do.

2. Re: Cappadocia / Goreme 3 full days only

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 06:16