We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

Mumbai
Level Contributor
3 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

I will be travelling to Goreme from 31st August to 3rd Sept. I will reach Goreme by noon and wanted to know the suggested itinerary. The hot air balloon ride is what I certainly want to do. i also want to see an underground city and the fairy chimneys. Someone else had suggested the Ilhira valley. Any other suggestions? Please suggest the tour operators. Should I pre-book the balloon ride? Everyone seems to be charging the same amount. Are there combined deals?

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,058 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

There is no such thing as a suggested itinerary, you must do a little research and find the things that appeal to you personally. There are hundreds of things you could do and you'll find many mentioned here as a starting point to your research- tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g297980-Activi…

The link also names many of the local tour agencies and you can have a look at their websites for more info about what there is to see.

A few travel agents will offer a discount if you book several activities but you will have to refer to their websites for details.

It is a good idea to book your balloon flight for your first morning, then you have another chance to do it if it is cancelled due to weather conditions.

2. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 22:03
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,058 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

Shakir, advertising your travel agency on these forums is strictly forbidden by Trip Advisor. you should read their guidelines.

4. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 22:02
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,058 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

I hear what you're saying Shakir, but the fact is you aren't allowed to advertise you're services/ company here on TA forums- and you've just confirmed that you are doing exactly that.

6. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
6,058 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

Shakir, I mention only companies who I I have personally used as a tourist, and those who have been recommended. By other trusted forum regular tourists - that is the how the forum works- tourists helping other tourists.

By your own admission, you are advertising your own company and that is against TA rules.

8. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

9. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 22:04
10. Re: Goreme/ Cappadocia in 3 days