We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rosense Rose water

3 posts
Save Topic
Rosense Rose water

Can someone tell me, Where can I buy the Rosense Rose water in Goreme. Is it more expensive than Istanbul. Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rosense Rose water

Rose sense known as Gül suyu is commonly used in Turkey to pour on visiting guests hands in place of kolonya (lemon cologne).

Unlike Arabic cultures in Turkey it is rarely used for cooking (except for rose flavoured Turkish delight) and use it predominantly as a light scented refresher that people pour and rub on their hands.

Turks tend to use rose leaves in some dishes and very rarely the water.

In any case the rose water you are searching is very common in Turkey and can be found in pretty much any milkbar or market.

This is the most common appearance of it so look for a bottle that looks like this or simply ask the cashier Gül suyu varmi? Meaning do you have rose water.

bayanlar.biz/resimler/Gulsuyunun-Cilde-Fayda…

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,110 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rosense Rose water

Hello Steven,

Rosense is a brand name for products with the Isparta rose as the main ingredient. It can be bought online:

www.rosense.com/index.php…

I do not know about Göreme where it can be bought. It is for sale in Fethiye as I saw in another thread you are going to Fethiye (Paspatur) as well.

If you want just rosewater for use in cooking then you can buy Şelale Gül suyu even in Migros, that comes very cheap and is used like for in ricepudding, semolina, güllaç (a delicious starch pastry with nuts, mile and rosewater only available during ramadan)

hope this helps, good luck!

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rosense Rose water

thanks for the information.

4. Re: Rosense Rose water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 07:16