We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation around fethiye

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation around fethiye

I am planning to stay near Fethiye before our gullet trip. I have been recommended 3 places to stay. Villa Rhapsody, Yacht Boutique Hotel and Oyster Residences. I have read all the forums. My question is what would be the best option knowing two are out of the way a bit and one right in town.How far away is Oyster and VR and is it easy tio get into town and back? .We have 4 nights and would like to explore the area but also want something that is a bit of an experience and opportunity to relax as we will have been traveling for 3 weeks by then Many thanks

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation around fethiye

Villa Rhapsody is in Kaya Köyü rather than Fethiye,10-15 minutes away,but there are regular buses to and from the village.It is a lovely and historic village and would give you a nice taste of rural Mediterranean away from the bustle of the town.There are also plenty of good walking routes there too.I doubt you would feel'cut off' if you stayed there so this is worth serious consideration.

Yacht Hotel is right by the marina so I guess this would be very convenient for you when joining your gulet if that is important to you.

The other hotel I don't know much about so can't comment.

BTW,did you know that KayaKöyü-the ghost village,was the inspiration for the book Birds Without Wings?If you haven't read it then put it on your reading list.It is a novel but set against real life events in the founding of the Turkish nation and portrays how these times affected,in far reaching ways, the ordinary people of the community.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation around fethiye

Thank you agiain for the information. I have managed to book at Villa Rhapsody as it sounded a bit more relaxed and that we can get to Fethiye quite easily

I have just bought Birds without Wings and you mentioning it helped me decide! I will start reading with interest.

If anyone does know anything about Oyster Residence I would still be interested in info.nas my friend is keen to stay there.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation around fethiye

If you post up again on the Fethiye forum-this one is for Urgup :)) you are sure to get some replies about Oyster Residence.It looks lovely..but way out of my price range sadly....sigh.

I do hope you enjoy reading BWW.It takes a little bit of getting into due to the writing style but worth persevering with.Because it deals with actual history some parts are a bit heavy too but again keep with it.Other parts will make you really laugh out loud and other parts will make you weep.

There is an important character,a lady called Ayşe,and she really existed!She died a few years ago but before she did the book's author spend time with her as she recounted her memories from these troubled and turbulent times and thus the idea for the book was born.

I had already read the book several times by the time I learnt this but immediately read it again and this new knowledge about Ayşe made the book all the more meaningful and pertinent for me.

I hope you have a lovely stay at Villa Rhapsody and Kaya Köyü.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation around fethiye

Ha ha I hadn't realized I had done that. Silly me. I will repost.

Thanks for the info on the book. Makes it even more essential reading!

5. Re: Accommodation around fethiye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2014, 16:15