We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

Hello,

What is the best way to go from Cappadocia to Izmir? Not too interested in taking the flight as we have to connect through IST. We are traveling mid-March so I do not believe there are direct flights.

Has anyone used a car+driver+guide ? Any recommendations? We can do the 11 hr journey over 2 days seeing sights on the way. Thanks!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

vyjumanian, there are direct flights from Kayseri to Izmir that do not require connect through IST.

I just ran a few searches as follows:

15th March, Pegasus have a direct flight from Kayseri to Izmir which departs at 1715 that costs 84 lira

15th March, Sun Express have a direct flight from Kayseri to Izmir which departs at 2210 that costs 98 lira

16th March, Sun Express have a direct flight from Kayseri to Izmir which departs at 0955 that costs 88 lira

17th March, Pegasus have a direct flight from Kayseri to Izmir which departs at 1940 that costs 69 lira

18th March, Pegasus have a direct flight from Kayseri to Izmir which departs at 2355 that costs 31 lira

19th March, Sun Express have a direct flight from Kayseri to Izmir which departs at 1310 that costs 78 lira

You can book and pay for this flight directly on either carriers website

http://www.flypgs.com/en/

http://www.sunexpress.com/

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

If you don't want to fly there are a number of different routes you could take by coach with a stop-over on the way if you wanted to.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

Thank you so much for your detailed note! I use Kayak to look for flights and Sun Express does not come up as a choice. We would ideally like to take a morning flight from Kayseri -> Izmir. Sunexpress and Pegasus do not seem to have such flights. They also do not seem to fly everyday or may be they are all sold out!

This is my plan - perhaps you can tell me which would work better,

Leave Istanbul for Cappadocia on Wed, Mar 18 - AM flight

Leave Capp for Izmir on Fri, Mar 20 - AM flight

Leave Izmir for IST on Sat, Mar 21 - PM flt

Alternatively, I can plan as follows

Leave IST for Izmir on Wed, Mar 18 - AM flt

Leave Izmir for Capp on Thurs Mar 19 - PM flt

Leave Capp for IST on Sat, Mar 21 - PM flt

Which do you think makes more sense? Appreciate your feedback, Thanks, Vyju

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

Thank you. I looked into it and seems to be a long trip. Can you please tell me where I can book coach?

Our trip is also very short - Istanbul, Cappadocia and Izmir in 7 days. Feels rushed, but cannot do much unfortunately.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
44 reviews
5. Re: Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

When do you arrive in Istanbul?

I'd suggest you get a domestic onward flight as soon as you arrive rather than wasting time with a night or two in Istanbul. You lose too much time clearing the airport, transferring to your hotel, then back again to the airport, checkin time, etc. especially when your visit is so short.

Make sure your domestic flight departs from Ataturk.

If you can fly to Izmir or Cap as soon as you arrive in Turkey you will save the best part of a day, and actually have more time for a good sleep when you arrive at Cap/ Izmir.

If you take an early morning flight to say Cap, it will be almost lunchtime by the time you arrive and transfer to the tourist area and you have little time to see anything that day.

Level Contributor
299 posts
16 reviews
6. Re: Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

You may check this guide directly for driver/guide to Ephesus to be picked from the airport. ephesustourconsultant@gmail.com

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
53 reviews
7. Re: Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

I agree with heidotheroad that it's best for you to move on to your onward destination as soon as arriving Istanbul rather than wasting time making your way out of Istanbul airport and then back again later after spending a day there.

As per my first post "You can book and pay for this flight directly on either carriers website" so do not use Kayak or another 3rd party website.

Also note that Sun Express & Pegasus aren't the only 2 domestic airlines in Turkey

In addition to those two there are:

Anadolujet

Atlasjet

Borajet

Onur Air &

Turkish Airlines

You're saying you have limited time and asking to use a coach which will take much longer which kind of goes against your request of wanting to save time.

8. Re: Going to from Cappodocia to Izmir - best way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2018, 20:18