We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me plan 2 full days In Urgup

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Help me plan 2 full days In Urgup

We are staying in Urgup for 3 nights at Cave Konak Dwellings. So we have two full days to see the wonders of Cappadocia. We will not have a car, and therefore I presume we will need to book a group tour. As budget travellers we probably cannot do a private tour. Please make some recommendations. I read about so many tours, blue,green, cultural tours, but I would appreciate suggestions. Do I need to book in advance or when I arrive Mid July?

4 replies to this topic
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Help me plan 2 full days In Urgup

Broadly speaking basic day tours cover two different areas- the North with most of the stunning rock formation scenery, Goreme Open Air Museum, Pasabag etc and the South which includes an underground city.

The itineraries for each area will be similar from different providers but with a few variations, so you should simply study a few from well recommended companies and choose what appeals to you most personally. Remember it may be worthwhile paying a little more to avoid splashing time at dreaded shopping stops, often called "demonstrations."

I like Reliable Travel and Turkish Heritage, but you can find more recommendations in the Things to Do section of this website. I prefer to do a little research and book ahead, rather than waste my precious time trying to book when I arrive or taking pot luck with a hotel offering.

Most companies do not use colours to identify their tours.

2. Re: Help me plan 2 full days In Urgup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 06:27

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
44 reviews
3. Re: Help me plan 2 full days In Urgup

Yippie, whta is your connection to this Turkey desk?

Strange that all of your posts refer to it, some implying that you have already visisted and some seeming to ask for info based on what you have read on that website.

Somehow Turkeydesk looks like it has a lot of info copied from TA.

4. Re: Help me plan 2 full days In Urgup

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2015, 06:27

Reply to: Help me plan 2 full days In Urgup
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted