We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot air balloon ride cancelation

Mumbai
Level Contributor
7 posts
30 reviews
Hot air balloon ride cancelation

I was just told by my travel agent (after making me wait from 4:30 am onwards! And it's 7:00 am now) that all hot air balloon rides have been canceled due to weather conditions. Can someone please confirm? It's 20 Sept, and I doubt that this is a scam. My package was fully paid for including the hot air balloon trip (two days one night) from Istanbul.

3 replies to this topic
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
7,999 posts
44 reviews
1. Re: Hot air balloon ride cancelation

Balloon flights can be cancelled due to weather conditions. Do you see other balloons flying?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Hot air balloon ride cancelation

Yes,this can happen and frequently does.Often they will wait to see if the winds settle down,hence you may have had that long wait.Even on unsuitable days you sometimes still see a couple of balloons flying because some companies put profit over safety :(

As you won't have time to take it another day you should expect some refund from the tour company.I understand this is disappointing but ultimately it was for your safety that it was cancelled.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,696 posts
53 reviews
3. Re: Hot air balloon ride cancelation

Unfortunately this is why I won't pay for a service I am yet to receive in advance especially those that depend on the weather being good.

You could have booked the balloon once you arrived Cappadocia then if you weren't able to fly due to inclement weather you wouldn't have been stressed out about getting a refund as you wouldn't have paid by then.

Contact your booking company to ask for a refund of that portion of the tour providing you aren't able to fly ay all during your stay in Cappadocia.

Reply to: Hot air balloon ride cancelation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted