We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
43 posts
314 reviews
Save Topic
Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

Hi everyone and thank you for your attention!

My girlfriend and me are coming in Turkey this summer in august!

We'll spend 2-3 days in Istanbul, then we'll take a plane to reach the Goreme National Park and have a quick view of the underground cities and the wonderful cappadocian landscape, and then we'll enjoy a car trip from Alanya to Marmaris in only 10 days..

My questions are:

1) could you be so kind to give us your TOP 10 beaches we must see between Alanya and Marmaris ?

2) would you recommend to spend more than a day in Urgup?

3) would you suggest to see Cappadocia or Pammukale/Hierapolis? because we can't see both..

4) In 2 days in Istanbul what is your TOP 10 thinks to see there?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Francesco

dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

Hi Francesco

Dont know what cappadocia is like,but we are on our first trip to turkey,we arestaying in kusadasi and hired a car and did an overnight trip on monday to pammukale,it is amazing,and you will never see anything else like it,we spent a full day up there,and when coaches left the thermal pools were so quiet and lovely...highly recommend

2. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2012, 17:05
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

ALB X? omg, you must be kidding?

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
247 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

I really don't know what post no 2 is talking about.

We had 2 days and nights in Pamukkale on the 25 and 26 May 2012.

The Travertines were spectacular, brilliant white with water continuosly flowing over. There is a small area cordend off for rehabilitation but it is only a very small area of the whole site, which is massive.

The Roman theatre is huge and the 360 degree views awsome.

Personally I would spend less time at the beaches and more at Pamukkale and Cappodocia both of which are unique to Turkeyand very wonderful, whereas there are beaches everywhere in the world.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,583 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

i have only been to Pamukkale but if I had to choose, it would be Cappadocia

every time!! Yes, Pamukkale is really good and great to see but Cappadocia looks so fantastic - Pamukkale and Hierapolis can be "done" in an afternoon whereas Cappadocia would hold your attention much longer.

Jak xx

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

Thank you very much guys for the input. Now i am quite relieve that my hope is clear!

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,105 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

Been to both, both very nice and unique, but Cappedocia is by far more impressive, weird, another planet.

Best beaches between Alanya and Marmaris, have not seen the full coast, but some spectacular beaches are:

- Between Patara and Karadere (14 kilometer long sandy beach

- Kaputas: 187 steps down in a spectacular cove

- Ölüdeniz with the famous lagoon (many time voted as the most beautiful beach)

- Dalyan, sandy turtle beach (like Patara), unique because of the delta river between the lake and the sea

- Then at last İ cannot skip our small local beach Gemiler with Nicholas island

there is a few...

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
61 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

I appreciate the beaches of this places but I still can't give up having my house just a walk away from the famouse sugar-sand cristal clear BORACAY, PHILIPPINES. - am not a beach buddy though.

Cappadocia is making me giddy!

Texas
Level Contributor
970 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

Short cut the beaches and go to Pamukkale also. There is a great thermal pool and landscaping left over after they evicted the 5 star hotels that use to be near the travertines.

Enter at the North Gate and walk in the Travertines. Then go back and spend the hot afternoon in the great Ancient thermal pool. A great hotel in Pamukkale is Melrose House. Also ride the dolmus bus to Karahayit and shop at the street market and eat. This will give you a Turkish small town experience. Karahayit has many hotels also.

Included in the price of admission is a expansive ruins Hierapolis that you see first by entering the North entrance.

This is a UNESCO world heritage site. I never miss the opportunity to see a UNESCO site because they are the best in the world.

Edited: 08 July 2012, 17:11
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
147 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pamukkale or Cappadocia?

I would like to know, how much is the entrance... if I stay a night there.. any transport to move around after 5.00 pm?