We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pregnant lady (6 months) bath in pools (including Cleopatra?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Pregnant lady (6 months) bath in pools (including Cleopatra?

Hello there! Yes, we live in Victoria BC but I lived in Calgary for 10 years from 2000 to 2010:)

Hello Everyone:)

Question: Do you think that pregnant ladies (ie: me: I will be 6 months when we arrive in Turkey) can bathe in Pamukalle pools? particularly the Cleopatra Pool?

I looked around on the web and couldn't find any info. Not that it will be totally awful if I cannot bathe in them, would be nice though:)

Thank you! Karin and Chris!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pregnant lady (6 months) bath in pools (including Cleopatra?

I can't see any reason why not provided you are careful when entering the pools that you don't slip.Certainly Cleopatra's Pool has steps leading down which will help you.

It is important however that you discuss this with your doctor first though.This article has details of the mineral contents and proportions you could show them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pamukkale

I'm sure there is nothing there to harm you or your baby but best to first ask the medic who knows you and is looking after you :)

Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pregnant lady (6 months) bath in pools (including Cleopatra?

I'm not sure if you already came and left, but the water is approx 36 degrees and pregnant shouldn't be above 40, I don't go into Cleopatra but did the Red springs for almost my whole pregnancy with no problem. Good luck ;)

3. Re: Pregnant lady (6 months) bath in pools (including Cleopatra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 05:18