We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Erzurum - Harika!!

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Erzurum - Harika!!

I just wanted to post about our recent trip to Vienna, Istanbul, Erzurum (for the World University Games) and Slovakia. The focus of our holiday was Erzurum, as that is where the Games were being held, and our daughter was playing on women's hockey for Team Canada.

Quite frankly, the city could use a bit of "dress up" - with the only new development being the Erzurum Mall, and the new facilities built for the Games. That, however, is a modest concern when one meets the citizens of this fine community.

We were overwhelmed by the friendly, helpful and respectful nature of the people Erzurum. Whether it was the bus driver who abandoned his route to take a couple of lost Canadians to the hockey arena, or the police who volunteered to take us home, or the neighbours next door in the apartment building where we were staying inviting us over for breakfast (even though we could not speak each other's language) or the gentlemen who would always get up to give my wife (or any woman) a seat on the bus - it was a spectacular display of courtesy and assistance.

We would go back in a minute.

1 reply
Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
37,127 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Erzurum - Harika!!

Hi Quill,

Thank you very much for your excellent impressions of Erzurum and its people. Thanks to reviews like this, Erzurum will attract more attention as a new ski center for Turkey. I am glad that you had such a good time in Turkey and Erzurum. Come back again.

good luck,

enigma...

Reply to: Erzurum - Harika!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Erzurum
More Erzurum Topics