We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rum Kale from Kasaba by car

Gilroy, CA
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Rum Kale from Kasaba by car

I am renting a car and driving from Karadut to Gaziantep. On the way I do want to stop at Kasaba and get a boat to go around Rum Kale and just north up the river to see the Miniaret sticking from the water in Savasan.

I will not go through Sanliurfa or Halfeti - Unfortunately, I just don't have the time.

Questions I have

1. Are there boats readily available at the pier in Kabasa?

2. How much does a boat rental cost?

3. Is it safe to leave the car parked at Kabasa for the time we will be on a boat?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4,599 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rum Kale from Kasaba by car

1. If Kasaba is the place which is after Rumkale and past the minaret poking out the water then yes there are boats available there for rental for the exact purpose you are asking for.

2. The boat rental in the direction of Old Halfeti to Kasaba cost 100 lira (pretty sure but would have to refer to my noted to be 100%). I dare say it would be the same cost the otherway as well. If possible get a larger boat and ensure to negotiate the price prior to jumping on board.

3. As a paying customer tell the boat captain of your dilemma and he will assist you accordingly.

Alternatively pay a local kid a few liras and he will guard your car with his life.

These links may also be of benefit

gazianteptur.com/en/…rumkale

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g297998-i13929-…

I've been on a boat like the one on the bottom left pic of 1st link above and also a smaller boat. I'd definitely recommend the larger one. The larger boat I went on looks exact like the one in the pic and may very well be that one.

2. Re: Rum Kale from Kasaba by car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Gaziantep
Recent Conversations