We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Izmir to Selcuk

New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Izmir to Selcuk

What's the best way to get from Izmir Airport to Selcuk (and back)? Will be arriving in Izmir on a Friday evening and heading back sometime on Sunday.

Thanks!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Izmir to Selcuk

There are trains from the airport but the times may not be suitable

http://www.selcukephesus.com/trains.html

So you could take a taxi but this would be expensive.Or you can take a taxi from the airport into nearby Gaziemir(10 minutes,cost 10-12TL) and ask to be dropped at Tansaş,a large supermarket in the town and the bus stop for the Izmir to Selçuk buses.they run every 30 minutes from 06.00 until 23.30 and the cost is around 8TL.

The taxi driver may want to take you to Selçuk(naturally!)so tell him youare meeting friends in Gaziemir.☺

One final thought;is this a domestic flight and if so who with?Several domestic airlines(Pegasus,Atlasjet,Onurair) have a free shuttle bus to and from the airport and Selçuk.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,822 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Izmir to Selcuk

halliejo, welcome to Turkey. The best way to get to Selcuk from Izmir airport is to use the free airport transfer bus of Atlas Jet, if you are their passenger for the flight. Otherwise you can use the regional train. It has a station right at the airport. It is very inexpensive and takes about an hour to get to Selcuk. Here are the schedules. "tcdd.gov.tr/Upload/…basmanesokeaydin.htm". A much more expensive alternative would be to rent a car at the airport and drive it to Selcuk.

good luck,

enigma...

New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Izmir to Selcuk

I believe it is Onur Air (I don't have the information in front of me), how can I find out if there is a free shuttle?

Thank you both for the other links, too!

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Izmir to Selcuk

If it is Onurair then you're in luck,it drops off in Selçuk on it's way to Kuşadasi.

www.onurair.com.tr/otobus_servisleri_eng.aspx

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,822 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Izmir to Selcuk

halliejo, Atlas Jet has an excellent free shuttle service between Izmir Airport and Selcuk. Have a look: "cmss.atlasjet.com/en/campaigns/flybusen".

enigma...

Brisbane
Level Contributor
274 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Izmir to Selcuk

Hi the domestic airlines do they have free shuttles to and from Sultanahmet to the airport on asian side? and then shuttlle to selcuk

Our guesthouse charges 50 euros for car up to 4 people to go to airport ..it will be peak time so at least I know we will get there plane leaves at 9am will have to be there at least by 8:30 get ti Izmir at 10:15 then off to Train..train leave about 10:45 I think..train looks good

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Izmir to Selcuk

No,I'm afraid none of the airlines provides a free shuttle in Istanbul,but there are shuttles from Izmir airport to Selçuk with Pegasus,Atlasjet and Onurair.

You need to be at the airport an hour before departure for domestic flights.

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
38,822 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Izmir to Selcuk

Mae, No airline will have free shuttle services at Istanbul airports. There are many shuttle cpmpanies however. One of them is: "www.istanbulairportexpress.com". You can use them if you wish or take a taxi to Taksim from your hotel (about 15 TL) and take the HAVAS Airport bus from its Taksim terminal to the airport (IST or SAW). Havas bus to Ataturk Airport cost 10 TL/person.

good luck,

enigma...

Edited: 14 November 2011, 09:02
9. Re: Izmir to Selcuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2012, 10:28
Get answers to your questions about Izmir Province
Recent Conversations