We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train booking from Izmir > Selcuk > Denizli

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Train booking from Izmir > Selcuk > Denizli

Hi all,

Can someone please be able to let me know if I need to book train tickets in advance for my travel from Izmir to Selcuk and then later from Selcuk to Denizli?

If yes, how can I book it online?

I was able to register in the Turkish railway website - https:/…nettcddservlet

but then, I am unable to locate this train when I am trying to book the ticket!

Any suggestion please?

Thanks,

Gopal

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train booking from Izmir > Selcuk > Denizli

You do not need to book in advance. Just turn up and buy your ticket. Unlike the U.K., the trains are cheap, punctual and clean. The link below is the timetable I think it is current but can't guarantee.

tcdd.gov.tr/Upload/…basmanesoke.pdf

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train booking from Izmir > Selcuk > Denizli

Thanks Henry. Do you know if this train line is still on service?

I read in a forum somewhere that the train line was suspended few years back due to re-construction and it was confirmed yet if it was restarted!

Cirali / Antalya
Destination Expert
for Antalya, Cirali
Level Contributor
12,893 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train booking from Izmir > Selcuk > Denizli

here is a useful site..The Man in Seat 61...

Follow: A beginner's guide toTrain travel in Turkey

http://www.seat61.com/Turkey2.htm

Here's the schedule.

tcdd.gov.tr/Upload/…basmanesokeaydin.htm

How to Buy Train Tickets in Turkey..You may be able to buy your intercity train ticket just before travel, but it's wise to reserve your place(s) at least a day or two in advance if possible.

turkeytravelplanner.com/trans/…buytix.html

Selcuk, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train booking from Izmir > Selcuk > Denizli

For Izmir - Selcuk - Denizli just turn up at the station and buy a ticket. Izmir to Selçuk costs about 2 GBP. From Selçuk station there may be a bit of a crowd clambering on board, depending on the day of the week and how many carriages are operating. You should be able to get a seat, these days, but they're not bookable now.

The rail tracks on this route have all been renewed in recent years, and new rolling stock imported from S. Korea (quite smart, a bit less fun than the old carriages, and be careful which button you press when standing in front of the toilet.)

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train booking from Izmir > Selcuk > Denizli

Thanks everyone for your replies. It was very useful.

Regards,

Gopal

6. Re: Train booking from Izmir > Selcuk > Denizli

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Izmir Province