We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

currency

s.yorks
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
currency

Wondered if anyone could adcise me on which currency would be the best to take. We are flying out to Altinkum in four days, euro is at a rubbish rate, do we take lira?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: currency

Why would you bring euro? Yorkshire is still using the quid isn't it?Bring 20 or 30 pounds in lira to get you started and the rest in sterling and change it here as you need to.The rate is always better here than UK.Todays bank rate here at close of business was 2.16 so it's gone up slightly.Sterling,euro and US dollar are all rather shaky at the moment.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: currency

i agree with sarikanayara,take your pounds youll have no bother changing money,every shop and restraunt will take your money happily.

glasgow
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: currency

we took all english money......no probs changing....if your planning on drinking though take plenty of cash....alcohols very expensive !!

London, United...
Level Contributor
533 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: currency

yvon

I did not think the drinks were very expensive, but cetainly not cheap.

I also took some euros I had left from my last holiday and was able to use them as well.

MP

5. Re: currency

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations