We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolunay Apartments - Has it all changed?

wiltshire
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dolunay Apartments - Has it all changed?

Hi All,

We went to Altinkum for years, then stopped going (about two years ago) as we though that it was spoilt abit when everyone you met (even old 'friends') were trying to sell you an apartment. Everyone seemed to get the 'old dollar sign flashing in their eyes' and prices sky rocketted. We was used to the times when the people there couldn't do enough for you. We was thinking of going back this year, just to see if maybe its changed back a tiny bit, but i am worried that i will just be disappointed, So can anyone who has been going to Altinkum a long time let me know?

I was also looking at staying at the Dolunay Apartments but would like to book direct but can't find an email/ web address for them...Has anyone got their email address?

Thanks for your help

Jo

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolunay Apartments - Has it all changed?

Hi,we went to Altinkim for the first time 18 years ago and didnt much like it.

After hearing so many positive reviews about the place we decided 2 years ago to give it another try,what we noticed was it was much more developed than when we first went,as for people trying to sell you things thats not changed you cant walk 20 yards without waiters and shopkeepers trying to get you into their places,but with a polite no thanks they are usually ok.

There is aparantly a new law in place where sellers are not allowed to approach or touch you and if the people who own these establishments are seen by the police diong so ,can have their place closed for a week,never the less you still get asked.

The same goes for the beach,i.e the lads selling the boat trips they also have to be careful,again can be chased by the police.

We had such a good holiday 2 years ago we actually returned last year and have booked again to go this year,yes theres the tacky shops selling the fake goods but you dont have to visit these places if you dont want to,and to be very honest the people who work in the restraunts shops and bars get a pittance for pay and will probably lose their jobs if they dont get the punters in.

Hope this has helped you decide on your holiday,as for Dolunay Apt i believe first choice holidays are the only people you can book with,they seem to have the monopoly over the place i tried last year to see if i could book direct to no avail.

wiltshire
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolunay Apartments - Has it all changed?

Thanks for your help, i think i will book it and give it a go

Jo

3. Re: Dolunay Apartments - Has it all changed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2010, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations