We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel dophin

London, Kentucky
6 posts
Save Topic
Hotel dophin

Anyone has any personal reviews would be great tips n hints would go far cheers

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel dophin

Hiya, been back just a couple of weeks from a 1 week stay at the Dolphin. I submitted a review (don't know how to do a link but if you search Dolphin Hotel review I guess you'll find it). Best tip I could give is to pay for aircon, it was in the 40s when we went and it probably hasn't cooled down at all! It means you'll get a good sleep at night.

Have you been to Turkey before?

Sharon

London, Kentucky
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel dophin

Hi me and girlfrend have never been any more tips?? Whats the exchange rate at the mo ? What are men like there likely to have a row with them?? Whats the beaches like nearest to dophin hotel?? Many thanks

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel dophin

Hi Nutty-Courier do you mean will the men be looking at your girlfriend,if your girlfriend is pretty yes the Turkish men may look but you can be rest assured but they wouldnt try anything with another mans woman,yes they may pay compliments but i think you can take it with a pinch of salt,the beaches are really lovely the waters are turqous(not sure if i`ve spelt that right) and very shallow.

You will get asked from every restraunt ,bar and shop to go in but a polite no thanks does the trick,Dolphin square is usually very busy as is the sea front restraunts and bars and usually a little more expensive.If you go slightly away from this area its usually cheaper.Theres absolutley loads of places to eat on the main road Ataturk boulevard 1 i can recommend is the Golf bar i ate there in June the food was good and huge portions.I also ate at Big Ben on the seafront and pinnocios.

I`m not sure where your hotel is but you can hop on the dolmus to anywhere

Taxis cost 15tl and will take you around Altinkum its usually a set price just ask when you get in.

The boat trips can be quite good fun we go on two boats when we are there the ILKI 2 wich is the biggest boat in the harbour and the ANIL 1981 the lads work hard trying to entertain you with dancing and diving off the boats when they stop in the bays.

Theres lots of bars that stay open until the early hours,theres a night club called Medusa (open air) near 2nd beach .

You can do a jeep safari wich i hav`nt done myself but have heard they are good fun ,if you like water parks thers one at Maveshir which is adjasent to Altinkum but i believe Adaland in Kusadasi to be the best.

Have heard the exchange rate is 2.36 sometimes rising to 2.40.everywhere and every body will change your English notes i usually change mine in the jewelers.

Well think ive exausted myself now and could probably go on for another 2 pages lol

Have a good holiday

Cambridgeshire
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel dophin

Hi, yes agree with what Cassaragi says. The Turkish men we came across were all very polite. You will always get asked to eat in their restaurant but just a polite no-thankyou back is needed. We just tended to say "we've already eaten" to everyone. You shouldn't need to get the dolmus (little bus) to eat/drink anywhere. From your hotel you can turn right, 30 seconds walk later is the start of bars/restaurants, then they get progressively busier til you reach Dolphin Square (10 mins max later). A tip would be to walk on the side nearest the beach, that way there are little palm trees between you and the restaurants and you can keep out of the way.

The beach is also 30 seconds walk from your hotel (if you get a room at the front you will get a sea view). The water is absolutely lovely - clear, clean, calm, no shelving. There are people come along offering to get you drinks/ice creams when you're on the beach - great but watch if they need to give you change (I was short changed once and ended up paying double, after that I just went and got them myself).

It's easy to exchange pounds for turkish lira, though we just took my cash card to get lira (you have to go to Dolphin Square for an ATM).

You can go to the Saturday market by dolmus (leaves from outside the shopping centre just past Dolphin Square).

We got a bit bored with the breakfast (it's just fresh bread, honey /jam, cheese, egg, melon, so had full English a couple of times - the Crystal Terrace was v good (literally just round the corner). Sit upstairs where they spray mist to keep you cool. The Victoria restaurant (turn left away from the beach and 1 min walk on the right) was v nice, overlooking the sea. We tried to eat Turkish food which we enjoyed (better to find this off the main strip and wherever you see Turkish people eating).

Can't think of anything else at the moment, other than it seems as though the best rooms may be on the side where the Reception is and I would recommend a room at the front overlooking the street (v quiet) and with a sea view. The bathroom is a "wet room" - there is no shower tray as the shower is part of the bathroom but I quite liked this.

Have a good holiday!

London, Kentucky
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel dophin

Thanks Everyone for the postive reviews Sounds like we will have a great time out there cheers!!

Little Rock...
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel dophin

Is Hotel Dolphin the same as Altin Yunus Hotel and Thermal Resort?

7. Re: Hotel dophin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations