We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Hi,

I have seen this newly been built Altinkum hotel advertised on a number of travel company websites but i cannot find very much information about the progress of the building work.

Does anyone know if the hotel will be fully completed for the scheduled opening date of May 1st ?

I read on one website that this new hotel is owned by the company that run the Palm Wings Beach Resort, can anyone confirm that this is correct ?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Edited: 02 February 2011, 11:49
Altinkum turkey
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Hi there, If you tap in Voices newspaper Altinkum there is a short article on this hotel on the front page. Apparently they are trying to attract the Russians. If you are going to stay there it is about a twenty minute busride from the main resort of Altinkum but it looks very nice, probably will be AI which I would not reccomend in Turkey

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Thank you for the reply mig43.

Do you know if there are any bars,restaurants or shops in the vicinity of this new hotel or is it in an isolated location in the middle of nowhere ?

With regards to Altinkum i have read quite a few reviews about the resort and a word that keeps cropping up is 'tacky',is this a fair assessment ?

Never been to this area of Turkey, i have always stayed in the Antalya area on my previous visits to Turkey and i have to say i have found the hotels to be excellent in the Lara beach and Side areas.

I am undecided on whether the Altinkum area is for me ?

Thank you again.

Tyne & Wear
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Hi, we have a house a about 5 minutes walk from the Venosa and we went to see it at the New Year when we were in Yesilkent. Visually it looks amazing and is in a fanastic location.

It appears to have a very large swimming pool and a private stretch of beach. I would think it would be finished in May but obviously don't know for sure.

Its in a lovely area with a couple of small (but well stocked) little supermarkets and is within walking distance of The Blue which is a nice restaurant. There is a dolmus which runs every 10 minutes or so which will take you into Didim or Altinkum.

Lancashire
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

I have just booked to stay at this hotel - got it for £387 All Inclusive on the 8th May flying from Manchester everything included. Booked with a chap called Jason who has an excellent newsletter which gives you all the information on the hotel and facilities. Give him a call - his number is 0800 75 66 221

Leigh-on Sea...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

oh thats nice were have booked to go on the 21st it looks lovely we went to palm wings and that was lovely great for the kids because of the water slides, but the funniest thing is that to get to your bungalow you had to travel in a golf buggie i would definatly recommend it!!!

Altinkum turkey
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Hi Boyce, Before I say anything else Altinkum suites me fine, not the most picturesque of resorts but plenty of restaurants and bars. There has been a building boom in the last few years to cater for the number of Brits buying here. If it is tacky then its the Brits to blame with their demand for full English,football and cheap booze.:) It is still a holiday resort for the Turks as well and would not reccomend it in July/August. There are quieter spots away from the beach area but if you are looking for a a quaint Turkish experience then forget it.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
145 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Hi

We are flying from Manchester on the 9th May so fingers crossed everything is finished by then - can't wait as it looks lovely on the website

Cannock
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Hi Boyce, I have just read your post about the Venosa Beach Hotel and just wanted to let you know that my parents have also booked to go to this hotel in June. I myself have been to Side 7 times and always LOVED it but this year we've decided to have a change and go to Marmaris instead. We are now in the same position as you and are unsure about the resort!?

My parents first visited Turkey in 2009 (after many stories from myself and my daughter) when they stayed at the Palm Wings Beach Hotel and they LOVED it so much they went back to the same hotel last year. While they were there they got friendly with one of the locals who told them that the Venosa Beach Hotel would be open for business this year. My Dad has been asking me to find it on the internet ever since and I am pleased to say that they have booked to return there this year.

It is owned by the same person who owns the Palm Wings Beach Hotel and my Dad says that because of this he is sure that the food and attention to detail will be just as good as the Palm Wings.

My parents loved the beach too and apparently the staff sweep the sand!! You can't ask for much more than that can you?

Have a fantastic holiday wherever you decide to go

Kind regards

Fanni Anni xx

barnsley uk
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

i have been to icmeler and altinkum and like previous post altinkum caters for the brits ie beer and footie icmeler is more modern i myself cant understand anyone wanting to go all inclusive why dont you just get a flight and hire a private villa with a pool there are some great villas to rent then you can eat where you like the restraunts will even pick you up free and you have your home from home comforts and it would probably work out cheaper too

Edited: 01 March 2011, 14:46
Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
618 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Venosa Beach Resort & Spa

Well i have taken the plunge and booked a holiday at the Venosa in May.

Also found a website with some photo's taken at the Venosa in February that shows the progress of work been carried out, it's looking good.

http://dandsiy2009.blogspot.com/

Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations