We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out in altinkum

Darlington
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out in altinkum

Hi, we are going to Altinkum for the first time, in August 2011.

Can anyone tell me what the latest prices are for meals (set menu's etc) and some of the best places to eat

Thanks in advance

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out in altinkum

Wide range of options.Turkish food tends to be cheaper and is very good.The restaurants along the main seafront are most expensive but still relatively speaking good value.Go back inland on and off the main thoroughfare, Ataturk Boulevard, and prices fall.My advice would be to try out the Turkish dishes, kebabs,kofte, and the like in the more traditional places.These would cost u about €8-10 per person.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out in altinkum

what food do you like to eat?

we like alo 24 this is a turkish restaurant and for the 4 of us was about £25, this was 4 adult meals with drinks

A chinese meal for 4 cost about £35 ish again with drinks as did the meal we had at an Indian restaurant.

There is a pizza/kebab place on the front that we like and that is about £4 for a pizza and the same for a kebab.

We tend to eat in some nights as the cheaper cuts of meat we buy here are more expensive in Turkey but fillet steak is much cheaper so we treat ourselves. 3 big pieces of fillet steak costs less that £10 in the supermarket.

Darlington
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out in altinkum

Hi all.

Thanks for the advice!

Having 2 kids in tow might mean we have to stick to the more touristy places, I hear there are a lot of set menus in the area, does anyone have any examples/experience with these?

Counting down the weeks till we get some sun!

Thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out in altinkum

there is loads of touristy places about, the ones i mentioned are on the main strip either along the beach or on the main road where the supermarkets are.

I didnt notice as many set deals last year as there was the year before.

If I were you with two children I would ditch the set menus and negotiate some free kids meals if they want you to eat there. I did know of people who did this last year as they had young kids of about 7 or 8 years old. We had 2 15 year olds with us so they needed adult meals.

i would say though that the further away from the beach the cheaper it gets.

I cant be bothered to walk far and only ever go about a 10 or 15 minute walk from the beach.

There is a Burger King in Altinkum and prices are supposed to be the same as here but I have never been and there is a KFC opening this year.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating out in altinkum

go to billys bar also known as queens head its opposite tuntas hotel.billy and crew are excellent hosts lovely food.reasonable prices.good entertainment. bound to have good meal in here.keep away from sea front its expensive.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating out in altinkum

hi wos that befor all the lamb, steak, prises doubled last se cos the gov,, stoped,,bringing it in from other ,,places than turky,,,

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating out in altinkum

No this is what I paid in August last year, friend is there at the moment and has told me that prices are stll about the same

8. Re: Eating out in altinkum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 09:22
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations