We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taffy's Boat Trip

South Wales
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Topic
Taffy's Boat Trip

Does anyone know if Taffy is still running the 4 bays trip daily? Or can anyone recommend another boat trip which does all inclusive for the day?

Altinkum turkey
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

Taffys got two boats now. He's running the original one from Akbuk and his new boat from Altinkum. My advice for boat trips is to go down to the harbour either the night before you want to go or early morning and have al ook at them all and pick the one You like. They are all pretty much the same, It's still only a tenner including lunch, stop about four or five times for lunch and a swim.About five lira for an Efes on board. If you book all inclusive it usually means Skol lager poured from a plastic bottle into a plastic cup so watch out!!

Mentioned in this post
Akbuk
Akbuk
Didim, Turkey
Altinkum
Altinkum
Didim, Turkey
Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

In relation to the above post, we were also interested in taking Taffy's trip this year but it looks like we maybe out of luck then? What time do the boats leave / come back and what is the best time to get there if we want to book in the morning of the trip? How much is the all inclusive & what does the meal consist off? Sorry for all these question...any help greatfully appreciated.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

We went on Taffys new boat out of Altinkum monday this week! Its now £12 including lunch and apparently they have stopped the all inclusive in Altinkum on the boat trips (a few spoil it for the rest of us!) But the Efes is ice cold as is the Coke and reasonably priced too. Taffs boat leaves at 10.30 sharp and returns at 4.30pm. He usually has about 20-25 people on board but the boat is big enough to hold 50+ so loads of room to lay about. The meal is fresh organic chicken breast in a wonderful marinade, a pasta salad, potatoes, side salad and bread. Perfect to fill you up between swims in the bays.

If you are looking for something a bit more special, Taff told us he does an overnight sail for 4 couples on friday/saturday. The boat has all the facilities, i had a nose around the rooms and they are lovely, all ensuite. Dont know how much that is but im sure he'll do you a deal! Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Altinkum
Altinkum
Didim, Turkey
Gwent, south wales
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

We always go on Taffys boat whenever we're in Altinkum. We also do the fishing trips which run in the evening Tuesday's and Saturday's. Good fun and the crew are superb.

Mentioned in this post
Altinkum
Altinkum
Didim, Turkey
South Shields...
Level Contributor
164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

great trip but a little crude to take children on

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

rowell3, can I ask do you mean that as a comment on your potential fellow guests or on the operation itself?Was thinking of taking our 7 and 5 year old girls on it this year but now I'm doubtful.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

rowell3, can I ask do you mean that as a comment on your potential fellow guests or on the operation itself?Was thinking of taking our 7 and 5 year old girls on it this year but now I'm doubtful.

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

South Wales
Level Contributor
34 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

I've just come back from Didim and did Taffy's "Programme 2". This was £20 and included a trip to Akbuk market and a 2 course lunch in a restaurant. The food was excellent with a choice of vegetarian, meatballs, chicken or fish (bream). After the market / lunch stop, there are 3 boat stops allowing time for swimming.

The standard non-market visit boat trips are still £10 including lunch.

All in all, excellent value

Mentioned in this post
Didim
Didim
Aydin Province, Turkey
Akbuk
Akbuk
Didim, Turkey
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taffy's Boat Trip

MikeC, can you tell me the duration of the trip, what time it left and returned.Is it suitable for a 5 and 7 year old?Also what Akbuk market is like and what day its on?Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Akbuk
Akbuk
Didim, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations