We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meryemana hotel

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Topic
Meryemana hotel

Hi all, staying at the Meryemana hotel,

Could anyone give us in insight to the hotel, and the area it is in, how far to the shops, beach, restaurants, etc.

Going on the 25th july for 2 weeks.

First time in Turkey so any advice would be more than welcome.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Dublin
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meryemana hotel

maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

Hi, if you bring up the above link you'll see a map of Altinkum/Didim.Down the left you'll find your hotel listed, just click on it and the map will move to show it.

To give you an idea, from your hotel down to Main Beach takes about 20 minutes walk.Better to get a dolmus on Ataturk Boulevard if you walk across to this main road which is parallel to Ege Road which is where your hotel is located.You wont want to be walking any distance in the heat.

Cant tell you anything about the hotel itself I'm afraid.Its in a more residential area.There are a few bars and restaurants within a 5 minute walk going towards the resort centre.

I head for Altinkum again 2 days before you.Enjoy your holiday!

Mentioned in this post
Altinkum
Altinkum
Didim, Turkey
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
227 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meryemana hotel

your hotel is only about 10 minutes ish from the beach, come out of the hotel go straight across the road and after 5 mins you will get to Dolphin square, walk through here and you will be at the beach

You will pass a few restaurants and bars on the way, and will soon find your way around

I dont stay far from there when I visit and like this particular area, close to everything but far enough away to not be noisy

Hotel looks clean from the outside and have been told that it is clean but quite basic

There is a pool with a few sun loungers and a bar attached from what I can remember

Easy to get to shops etc from there

Make sure you bring plenty of spf with you as it is expensive in Turkey

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Bolton
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meryemana hotel

Clean and basic hotel good food staff friendly and helpfull and hotel in a good location for walking to main town beach and attractions.

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Meryemana hotel

stayed here from the 11 july for ten nights ,very basic hotel ,some of the staff was wonderfull but some there wasnt even a smile, ur not allowed to take food or drink from the shops in to ur room they like you to purchase everything from there (even though they dont sell lollys ice cream or crisp for the kids) the breakfast was boiled eggs. olives .bread you slice yourself, jam .butter ,cheese ,tomatoes and the odd eggy bread or melon same thing every morning .nothing for the children.coffee was far better than the tea ,drains was smellin around the pool quite often , did find a english t room straight down the road opposite the hotel on the right hand side near the end of the street ,you can easy miss it but if you look for the doctors its opposite that it was this place that saved us i must say full english breakfast best cup of english tea around an baked cakes also othere english food .the lady is fantastic who runs it jean and her daughter if you have children better food for them if they are fussy ,so go along and try it she will go out of her way to pls an mention you found out about here cafe on here . there isnt much else i can say only my husband an i can put up with most things but it wasnt the best holiday we have had . but dont want to put you off but we also asked to keep the room on for an extra night as we was getting picked up until 1 30 and it cost 15 pounds for them to come and tell us we had to be out for 6 00 . they did this to a few people so you pay for 6 hours ,so be carefull , we spoke to people that have been goin for years an most said they wouldnt be goin back there again ,

london, england
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meryemana hotel

hi myself my husband and 2 children are goin to the meryemana on the 15th aug, how close to the wonderful beach is it and how close to dolphin square is it?? also our youngest is the most fussiest eater ever can anyone reccommend a restaurant that will cater for all our needs thanks marie from london xx

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
227 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meryemana hotel

you are about 10 mins max walk from the beach, the only downside to the beach for me is that i felt pestered by people wanting to give me leaflets fro their bars/restaurants etc. Following this was the selling of bottles of water, ice creams and corn on the cob, did my head in so only went a couple of times during the holiday

You are very close to Dolphin Square, there are bars and restaurants from where you cross the road outside the hotel right down to the beach

What sort of food are you looking for for you child? pizzas are availble nearly everywhere as are chips, I did also see a few chidren eating chicken nuggets and burgers last year. There is a burger king next to Carrafor supermarket if you need it, it is always busy but we havent been yet.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Meryemana hotel

Hi, just got back from the Meryemana.

You are about 10 mins walk from the main beach, i found it to be very busy, if you like it a bit quieter catch the dolmus and go to the 3rd beach as they call it, only takes 5 mins,cost 1.5tl each, much quieter, as you walk on to that beach go to the second set of sun beds as it is easier to walk into the sea, the first part of the beach is a bit stony, 2 sun beds and parasol cost 12tl for the day.

We tried several places to eat, but we kept going back to a place called Ambience, just down the road from the Meryemana. They will change the menu to suit, if you want rice instead of chips, or salad instead of veg, not a problem!!! Jack , Memhet, and Max are great fun !! Nothing is to much trouble for them. A lot cheaper than eating in Dolphin square or on the front, although a have to say we had good meals wherever we went, it was far more expensive the closer you got to the front. We were a family of 4, our kids are 16 and 14, it cost us an average of 80tl a night to eat in Ambience, Example, Steak and chips, chicken and chips, chicken salad, sausage and chips, plus 4 large soft drinks.

Like I have said above the lads in this place are very helpful, they were the ones who told us how to get to 3rd beach and the night market etc.

Not sure how old your kids are but my lads love football, Ambience staff have a game on the astro opposite the hotel most Wednesday nights 1am till 2am. they invite people who eat there to join them, seems a bit mad i know, but good fun, even I had a game with them, and I am well past my best, LOL.

ps. Do not buy you trips with the reps, much cheaper to do it yourself. example, water park in Kussadassi, Rep price £35, We got it for £20 per person.

All the boat trips seem to be £10 each, just walk along them in the evening when they are all moored up, Taffies boat seemed to be popular with the brits. We went on another boat , can not remember the name of it, but it had 2 big masts and lots of black things on it, a bit like a pirate ship, you can not miss it, and when you see it you will know what i mean. take plenty of drinks with you as it is expensive to buy on the boats.

Hope this helps you a bit, if anything else you need to know just post it up.

8. Re: Meryemana hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations