We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Altinkum 2011

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Altinkum 2011

Yet another great holiday in Altinkum was had by all.

I had last year promised myself that i would not return to Altinkum this year ,but due to my sis wanting to go(1st timer)off we went all 8 of us.

What a wonderful 2 weeks we had ,even though Altinkum was packed with Turkish people who were celebrating the end of Ramadam,there were celebrations,dancing to Turkish music,fireworks and concerts.

I have never been at this time,always go in August but never at the end of Ramadam,i think it ends a few days earlier each year.

What a great time and am now looking to book for next year.......

At this rate i will never get anywhere else in Turkey lol,i do try to push in a week earlier in the year and this year visited Dalyan.

Happy holidays

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
378 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Altinkum 2011

Glad you had a good time :-) 17 sleeps for me ha ha ha :-)

Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Altinkum 2011

Sounds good! :)

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Altinkum 2011

Glad you enjoyed it Cassaragi.We head over again in three weeks.To be fair, we dont go there for the English breakfasts and roast beef dinners,Eastenders on tv in the bar, or karaoke nights.We go for all things Turkish, food, culture,sight seeing,etc.End of ramadan holiday has loads going on and as you found, is a great time to visit.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Altinkum 2011

hi cass ramazam,,,starts on 20 or 22july next year ask google ,we were ther for ram,this year,,the best part is the partying when it finishes,,...

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Altinkum 2011

Yeah me too margaritavill,i prefer tradition but like to know that the home comforts are there if i need them.It was packed to the hilt mind with Turkish people and cars.

I have already checked when Bayram is next year and again it falls during my holiday dates so i better get booked up.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Altinkum 2011

Englandbazz have already checked the dates,cheers

Belfast
Level Contributor
34 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Altinkum 2011

I was there for end of ramadam last year and again this year and loved it! So much going on in altinkum! Even a rock concert on the beach one night, brilliant atmosphere about the place. Said the same not going back again next year but already looking at flights, cant stop loving the place!

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Altinkum 2011

Yeah was a really good time to be there,where i was staying there was some turkish hotels and the party atmosphere was great they even strung xmas lights around the trees and gardens.

9. Re: Altinkum 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 18:18
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations