We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling by car

Port Elizabeth...
Level Contributor
63 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling by car

My husband and I are thinking of hiring a car to drive from Istanbul down to Ephesus, taking in Troy, Bergama, Izmir and then on to Aphrodisias, Hierapolis and Pamakkale. If anyone can give us any advice or tips regarding this, we would be very grateful! Would 4/5 days be enough to do all this?

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling by car

Hi Christel,

I've driven a bit in Turkey and will drive up to Kusadasi and Ephesus when we go again in two weeks.We stay in Altinkum/Didim.

The actual driving part is fine just exercise caution, some of the Turks are speed merchants, best to let them pass when safe to do so.Having said that, out in the countryside the driving is pretty easy and pleasureable.Again, in towns, expect the unexpected!

If you go from Istanbul to Troy, Bergama,Izmir and Ephesus then you will have already covered quite some distance.Turkey is a big country.To undertake a trip east to Pammukale then whilst possible, would curtail how much you actually see and how long you would have in each place,imo.

2. Re: Travelling by car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations