We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tobacco.

Paignton, United...
Level Contributor
381 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tobacco.

Hi all,can anyone please tell me how much tobacco i can take into turkey?i was planning on buying on the plane on the way out..and also how much can you bring into the uk?was also going to buy on plane..thanks for any replys :-)

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tobacco.

As Turkey is not part of EU you are only allowed 200 ciggs each way so not sure of tobacco allowance ,although in Turkey most people trying to sell you ciggs tell you that you are allowed more ,even at Bodrum airport they tell you that you can take more but i can assure you shaunwolves the cigg allowance is 200.

Look on uk customs website they should have this info.

Last year both me and my sister were asked in Newcastle on our way back how many ciggs we had and fortunatley we only had our allowed 200.

When you fly out of a uk airport obviously they ask for your boarding card so they know where you are going and again will only allow you to buy your allowed limit.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tobacco.

You can also buy a further 600 cigs on arrival in turkey but only allowed to take 200 back into the uk as the above poster has already said...

WENDY

watford
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tobacco.

we were told at airport we could take 9 cartons, this wasnt the case, we had 400 each and fortunately when we got stopped coming through customs he let us keep them.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tobacco.

Its only 200 per person back in to the UK...but outbound you are allowed to buy 200 in the UK or on the plane and a further 600 upon arrival in Turkey per passport...

Unfotunatly you have to smoke them all while you are there.. :)

WENDY

Edited: 21 September 2011, 23:13
5. Re: Tobacco.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations