We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holidays 4u/Aegean flights.Good news

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Holidays 4u/Aegean flights.Good news

To all those affected by the collapse of buisness.

I had a letter from the agent acting on behalf of Atol about my claim.They have informed me i should recieve a refund in the next 14 days.

What a surprise i thought it would take months.

In view of the fact that im getting my refund i have booked my flights for next year but with a more reputable company this time i.e Thompson.

Hope all of those affected have also had notification about refunds.

Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Holidays 4u/Aegean flights.Good news

I'm waiting for my refund

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holidays 4u/Aegean flights.Good news

hi cass..THOMSON ,expepen,,,did you not look at thomascook,,,big diff in prices from what i have seen bye

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holidays 4u/Aegean flights.Good news

Have a look at a similar forum post by suemackey on the Iclemer forum who has ALSO been successful in claiming "consequential losses" i.e. the difference in cost between the original flight cost and the newly rebooked flights which replaces the earlier one. This is in addition to a speedy claim of the original Aegean flights.

The Credit Card company are jointly responsible for you obtaining the good or service under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act, so approach your CC company and say you are making a claim, you have 6 years to do this!!

I'm waiting to hear from my CC co, fingers crossed, I'll let you know how I get on. Most CC co's will deny this exists or that they are responsible but as posted some others have had their claim agreed already!! CG x

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holidays 4u/Aegean flights.Good news

Hi choirgirl

The flights were booked with a debit card so had to claim myself through Atol,so i think this has been pretty quick.On saying that my sis claimed hers back via credit card and they paid up straight away good old M&S.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holidays 4u/Aegean flights.Good news

Just been reading Thompson terms and conditions of the flight i have booked and its not Atol protected ,i do hope they are ok.

6. Re: Holidays 4u/Aegean flights.Good news

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations