We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

altinkum beachfront

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
altinkum beachfront

is the work on beachfront nearly completed as we go to altinkum in may

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,499 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: altinkum beachfront

So do we Pat!It's not completed yet and very doubtful it will be.The finish date has fluctuated between April 30th and June 10th, quite a difference.Don't know if you've been to Altinkum before or where you'll be staying but if main beach is still a problem consider using Third Beach, around the coast by the new marina.We prefer this anyway as its much quieter usually but until the work on main beach is complete maybe others will have the same idea and it won't be!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: altinkum beachfront

o no was hopin it b finished this r third time in altinkum luv it not been for 3yrs fingers crossed it b finished thanks for reply

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: altinkum beachfront

If you are feeling adventurous go to the east of Altinkum beach, onto the beaton track roadway, head in the direction of Palm Wings, on route you pass a small beach where a man hires deck chairs and makes food in a little shack, you are permitted to walk along Palm Wings private beach, up and over the hill, there you will find a very secluded rocky/pebbled beach with cool water. Take sensible walking shoes, all you need and plenty of drinks. You may be able to catch a Dolmus to stop in line with this beach and to reach it walk down from the road between the new builds to the beach.

London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: altinkum beachfront

Hi im on way to altinkum in mid june just found out about the beach works,Great how these holiday companys book and take your money without puting us in the know.Ive been told there is another beach not too far, we are staying in the emer studios dose anyone know how far to the other beach

Thanks Cindy

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: altinkum beachfront

During my visits to Altinkum I have been unaware of any beach front repairs that would have a great impact on a holiday.

Altinkums beach front has plenty to offer everyone.

UK
Level Contributor
383 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: altinkum beachfront

Cindy - do you mean the Emre rather than the Emer? If so you are pretty much in the centre, with the main beach at your door step, 2nd beach to your left within walking distance and 3rd beach to your right, a 5 min bus ride away. I don't think the beach works will affect your holiday too much, they seem to be mainly laying the new bricks, so not noisy work, you may need to watch your step though! 2nd beach is nearest area to avoid all the works but in my opinion 3rd beach is the best.

London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: altinkum beachfront

Thanks for your reply you have been a real help and yes i did mean the Emre appts. Had a look at the Voice Turkish news paper on here and the Turkish Observer which has some photos of the mess going on and info about some holiday firms avoiding using Altinkum as it looks like not being finished untill as late as october.

London, United...
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: altinkum beachfront

Have a look at the Voice Turkish news paper and the Observer which has photos of the mess the beach front is and views from the bars/ restrants owners.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: altinkum beachfront

After reading the article in the "Altinkum Voices" on line newspaper I think that I will have to re-think my holiday cloths and pack a "hard hat", sun glasses and sun cream!!!

www.voicesnewspaper.com

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: altinkum beachfront

Just returned from Altinkum and I can report that the work has now been completed.

The old seafront brickwork has been removed and replaced by generous seating which runs the length of the seafront.

One additional feature is the statue of Medusa which looks in the direction you need to take to get to Dolphin Square.

What a big improvement this is.

Edited: 15 July 2012, 11:59
Get answers to your questions about Altinkum
Recent Conversations